Not open for further replies.
2017 13" Macbook Pro non touchbar 8GB 128gb i5
Iphone SE 128gb
Ipad Pro 10.5" 256gb (with pencil)
Apple TV 4k
Apple watch series 3
Homepod
Airpods

I did post on this thread before, but I have a mac classic, an overclocked USB2 eMac at 1.5GHz, and a 2011 13" MacBook Pro.

I have an old MacBook Air that dates back to 2010. I also owned about a dozen Macs from 20+ years ago, but decided to let them go ever since the emergence of OS X.

If we're talking about Apple products in general, then I would also add the Apple II, iPad, iPod and iPhone to the mix. So yeah, I'm a fairly loyal Apple customer. They've made quite a bit of money off me over the decades.

I still have my original first Mac a 2003 Power Mac G5 that I’d like to Hackintosh, a 2009 Mac Mini, a 1999 iMac, a 2011 15” MacBook Pro, a 2017 12.9” iPad Pro and a 2008 Xserve.
Needless to say, I’m pretty integrated into the ecosystem. Everything is stock except for the MacBook Pro that has a Samsung SSD.
I thought I’d Hackintosh because I like the G5 case too much to get rid of it. So, I thought I’d gut it and update it. I’ve also got a few more Apple parts machines all of which need that one little thing to work. And I like a challenge.

Last edited:
OK... I guess I'll list everything I owned from newest to oldest:
Laptops:
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2015 (still own it)
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2012 (gave it to my daughter)
Macbook Pro 17" Unibody (died, still have it)
Macbook Pro 17" C2D (Gave to father, then brother)
Macbook C2D with 320M video (2009?)
Macbook Air C2D with 320M video (2009?)
Powerbook G4 Titanium
Powerbook G3
Powerbook 5200
Powerbook Duo
Original Mac Laptop

Desktops: Meh... One or more of everything before the MacPro 2009. I used to buy/fix/sell Macs
Still own
  • 512k mac with serial hard disk
  • Mac Plus
  • PowerMac G3 7600 with G4 upgrade
  • The massive MacPro 2009 which I will likely keep forever.
    • 10.14 Mojave
    • RX580 (or FirePro W7000)
    • 128GB RAM
    • 12 Core (need to upgrade to 3.4GHz Zeons)
    • 256 M.2 AHCI Boot disk
    • 16TB raid 10 internal
    • 512GB SATA SSD
    • 4 port USB3
    • External RAID 5 with RocketRAID card
    • I think the CPU upgrade is the last thing I can do to upgrade this old Mac.
I've never owned any of the enterprise rack macs.

Yes, since yesterday (finally).

MacBook Pro 13 2017 with touchbar - 16/256.

I'm in love.

I have a 2006 Black Macbook. I love it!
download.jpeg

I really like my iPhone, iPad Air and iPad Pro. Not ready to drop 6 Grand on a Mac Pro, don't use a laptop, always hated those all in one PCs so no iMac. Windows 7 is going away next month and Windows 10 is horrid, I have PC hardware that is still working fine but so far I have no true Hackintosh (that boots from the hard drive and has browsers that are updated.) Can't seem to upgrade from Snow Leopard install CD (but luckily updated from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 since the only computer I could get Snow Leopard to install and run on has a Sandy Bridge processor.) The Apple store doesn't have downloads for Yosemite or El Capitan anymore but the complete installs can be downloaded directly. Unfortunately those won't make USB installers as Unibeast always says the installer download is incomplete and "createinstallmedia" isn't included in Snow Leopard :( Update: Mac Mini (still have problems trying to make a lower level install because Catalina won't let me install them into applications to make a USB install stick for my other computers.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back