Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all
My list of macs that I purchased new or used.
- Macintosh 128K, 512K, Plus & SE30 ( great little machine )
- Macintosh Portable, Newton 140 & 2000, Macintosh 580
- Power mac 6100 AV, 7100, 7300, G4 350 mhz & (2 x 800 mhz), G5 1.8 Ghz. iMac & Pro
- Powerbook G3 2000 ( pismo notice the shark in the avatar )
- Imac 24" 2.8 ghz
and now I have a Hackintosh, i5 3.5 ghz, 32GB & 750 Ti video. :thumbup:

20100104_f8437c63e727b0dcf69f8XwIUYfcKCgR.jpg

I used to have a 13.3" White 2007 MacBook, got in to the hackitnosh world with the little ASUS Netbooks. I needed to squeeze more power due to college and work, so decided that I need a Mac Mini. I realised the Mini is a little under spec'd so switched to a Hackintosh on my profile pic. In 2014, I got a Macbook Air as a mobile workstation and a crash plan in case something went wrong with my Hackintosh. It's my last line of defense, and I've yet to to use it. Most problems I can fix with a bootable backup of my boot drive.

This is my Mac Pro, i have had it since 2015 and its been sitting in my wardrobe for ages while i used my hacking tosh which has been frustrating and some times good, but i need mac os for its high end graphics and now that i have a Dell UP2715K screen i had to try my Mac Pro out on 10.12 and i just love the rich eye candy i get of my pro.
I have Aspergers and thats why i guess i need the rich graphics, i can't look at a window pc, they always look wased out to me !
Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 16.11.26.png

MBP 13" 2014
I just need mac with PCI for PCI cards embedded development.
MacPro do not provides PCI slots...
So, just only one way. Build hackintosh.

Yep, Retina Macbook Pro, non retina Mac Book Pro and maxed out (but pre retina) iMac. Not sure what my next purchase will be, with all of Apples machines being 3 years old i'm tempted to go hack for my work machine too (but the audio issues worry me - I had struggled to get any audio working).

MBP 2012, if Apple can stop to higher the price I'll update my macbook sooner or later! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back