Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I each have a MacBook Air and matching iPhones (we've had several generations of iPhones each).

Once you go OS X you never go back :thumbup::lol:

Yup - this. Mac OSX is just so much more elegant, enjoyable, and easy to use - especially with the Magic Trackpad.

When I began building a new Windows computer a little over a year ago, I thought it might be fun to try dual booting with Mac OSX and picked parts accordingly. It was a hassle at first, but it wasn't long before I abandoned Windows for the Mac OSX.

Now I can't remember the last time I booted to Windows. (My excuse for keeping Windows is for backwards compatibility with old games, or the odd Indie game that's only made for Windows... but even so, it's probably been six months since I booted to Windows).

Huh. I should probably do something useful with that drive. :)

Importantly, my next desktop computer will definitely be a Mac. When you add up all of the little extras (camera, microphone, computer case, and various cards, e.g. wifi, bluetooth, network, graphics, sound, etc.) the "more expensive" Mac can actually be cheaper, or at least very competitively priced. And it will be smaller, more elegant, and muuuuuch less trouble. :)

I've owned macs since 1985. As my old video edit workstation began to age, I needed a new one that I could upgrade graphic cards, use hardware from camera manufacturers (Red) and be able to boost the ram and processors to handle true 4k QT ProRes files. You could do that on a mac just a few years ago. The new Mac Pro looks like a trash can and kind of runs like one too. LOL. I still own a 3 year old MacBook Pro and a 1 year old MacBook Air, and I love those!

I've owned Macs since the SE-30.

Currently, my working Apple Macs are
PowerMac G5 1.8
PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5
Mac Mini 2012 i5

I have 3 hackintoshes
Generic with Intel d946GZIS mobo 2 Ghz E4400 C2D
HP 8100 i5-650 with Inateck USB3 and GT610
HP 8300 i5-3470 with GT610

I had a 15" 2012 Macbook pro, sold it to build a hackintosh. then I bought a 2013 13" MacBook Air because I missed having a laptop. I also got my wife a 2010 21" iMac, used on craigslist.
Hackintosh was the best decision ever, I love this thing!! easy to upgrade and so much more flexible and powerful than anything apple offers! only OS X updates are a pain but I haven't had any issues with them so far.

Oh, I also have a SE-30, G4 tower, and a Cube (which I hacked apart to try to use but ended up using a G4 quicksilver case)

MAC MINI SNOW LEOPARD 60 GIG HD 2 GIG RAM COMBO DRIVE

Well, i do own an iPad air 2...... close but no cigar...... ; )

MacBook Pro 13 (non-retina) bought new this year & love it!
MacPro 5,1
Mac Mini C2D
iMac G5 somewhere in storage :crazy:
iBook G3 somewhere in storage :crazy:
'Lombard' G3 PB somewhere in storage :lolno:
Mac SE/30 somewhere in storage :lolno:

Last edited:
Do offices count? 13" retina Macbook Pro x3, 12" Macbook x1, 27" 5K iMac x2, 27" 144p iMac x1, 21.5" iMac x1, Intel i7-based hackintosh x2, Mac Mini x3 plus a few iPad Airs and Pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back