• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
iMac blueberry
2007 24" iMac
1st gen apple TV
4th gen apple TV
iPad 2
I can't bring myself to buy a mac anymore, seeing as they don't make good computers, you can't do any serious gaming on the new machines, and everything is soldered together so you can't upgrade it so you're stuck with what you bought until you buy a new one.

I don't see myself buying a new mac until Apple changes their ways, and can actually build a decent computer where performance is the main focus and not power consumption, or how small they can make everything.

I’ve used my Dad’s Macs since the early 80ies, beginning with Mac 128K and Mac SE, until I left home in 1991.

Then in the early 2000, I bought an iPod 2nd gen, 20 Gb, and a few years later a Classic with 60Gb of storage.

The first Apple computer I bought was an iMac G4 17" from late 2003 ("iLamp"), which I upgraded after five years with a 320Gb hard drive, and from 500Mb to 2Gb of RAM, and left it with 10.6 as MacOS support stopped for PowerPCs. I used it happily for 10 years or so, but in the end it wouldn’t play HD videos, or YouTube, and I had to switch to TenForFox, the community built PPC version of Firefox.

By the end of 2012, I contemplated an upgrade to a new machine, but ten years after, the spirit of the company had evolved from an incredible outsider to a mainstream system, and this didn’t please me, even though on the technical and usability sides, it still was outstanding. By then I had heard of hackintoshes, read a lot about them and slowly matured my decision to build one, with the good advice and tools of this site. This was the first PC I built.

I finally built a "Customac Mini Deluxe" in April ’13, choosing components a little oversized and an SSD, so that it would last long… I do not regret my choice, even if this is at the price of many hours of reading this forum to keep up to date (much better since Clover though).

My next step will probably be a laptop hackintosh, but I don’t know when. I’m a little frightened by DSDTs and don’t want to spend too much time on this now. Someday, I also may try modding my old iMac into a usable hackintosh, keeping its nice external design, as some guys have already done here.

Last edited:
Power Macintosh 8100
PowerMac g3 beige
Powermac g3 blue
powermac g4
Powerbook G4 15"
MacBookpro 17 2007
Macbook 2009
Macbookpro 2010
Mackbook air 2012

God bless if I can afford to buy a real Mac one day. I'd really like to have one of their laptops. Either the MacBook Air or the rMBP. The new MacBook seems like a tablet with a built-in keyboard.

Mac Pro Mid 2010
Macbook Pro 15" Late 2007
Macbook White 13" Mid 2008
iPhone 4S 32GB black

Still got my old MacBook (Late 2007), dual-booting Lion and SL. I use it for running old stuff and transferring large media files to my WDTV Live; my Hackintosh doesn't get along with the WDTV very well (transfers are very slow, almost like AppleTalk). And, of course, I have the obligatory iPhone.

Before that:
Mac Mini G4 1.42 GHz
Beige G3 Tower that I customized the heck out of
PowerComputing Power 100 (remember those?)
Quadra 610
LC (the original 68020 model)
Apple //c

along with several iPods (Color 20GB, two Classic 80GB, a Mini and a 3rd Gen Touch).

Just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone here owns a real Mac in addition to their Hackintosh. I have a PowerBook G4 12" 1.5. Long in the tooth at this point, and only running Leopard, but it still runs like a champ. Better than any netbook in my opinion- it has a real graphics card!! But the Geekbench score is an abysmal 727!!! :lol:

040505_powerbook.jpg

http://lowendmac.com/pb2/12in-powerbook-g4-1.5-ghz.html

Edit 2011: Got a 13" Sandy Bridge MacBook Air! :D It's the best laptop I've ever owned.

Edit 2013: Replaced the air with a 15" Ivy Bridge MacBook Pro. Love the retina screen.

wow ... some people here are too young ... ;- )

My first mac was a Power 8100, then a Performa 6360, then a Beige G3 ( very good in that time ! ) then a DA G4 ( I keep this one till 2012 ) then my first Intel Mac, second gen Mac mini, then an Ivy Bridge Mac mini, and now a late 2015 Macbook Pro with Retina, 16 GB of RAM and 512GB SSD ...
Somebody else ussing Mac sinde 1996 ??

Fábio Rabelo

Currently have a Sandy Bridge MacBook Air, with a cracked glass trackpad courtesy of my then-one-year-old child, who stepped on it. I've owned MacBook Pro 13 and 15", the white MacBook, the first Mac Pro, a Power Mac G5, a Titanium PowerBook G4, and the first all-white iBook. When I lived with my parents, we had the Bondi Blue iMac, a Power Macintosh 6100, a Macintosh IIsi, a Mac Plus, and of course, the godfather of them all, a Mac 128k. It's been all Mac for me since my long-term memory began to function. :-B

The most fun has def been the Hack though

2 - iPhone 6 Plus
2 - iPad - including gen1
1 - Mac Mini
1 - iMac
3 - MacBook Pro - still have 17" ;)
2 - Apple TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back