Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have three Macs and two Hackintoshes. A 2012 non-retina Macbook Pro, bought last year and used on the road. A 2011 27" iMac, purchased new, and an 17" iMac G5 from 2005. The 27" is my house computer and the 17" is for music in the garage. Both Hackintoshes are Sandy Bridge models and were built in late 2014. One is used in my Office and the other acts as a media server. I'm currently putting the parts together for a third Hack, which will be a maxed-out Skylake i7-6700 and used for a video editing project next spring.

Given the reliability of my Hackintoshes I don't see the need to purchase another Apple desktop.

I have a 2015 Mac Book Pro awesome laptop

has a Macbook Air 12', can't find any thing back for daily use

Does 27" LED Cinema Display count?

If not, I guess I don't own any Macs...

iMac G3 1999 Blueberry Slot
iBook G3 x2 2002
iBook G4 14 inch x2 2003
PowerMac MDD FW400 2003
MacBook 2006
MacBook Black 2007
MacBook 2009
MacBook Pro 2010
iPad original
iPod 4th gen x2
iPod classic 5th gen black
iPod nano 5th gen pink
And hopefully more to come. Love my collection.

Very few left though.
I have achieved the dream of having a server, desktop, and laptop hackintosh. I still have a 2010 27" iMac and an old PowerBook G4 15" running Morphos. The iMac will be sold soon, but I have to say that if the new Skylake PowerBooks end up having that touchscreen OLED strip then I will be getting one of those.

thinking about a mac mini, I really love it, but dont have any real mac atm :)

My history:
1) First PC I ever built, later installed Mavericks
2) Second PC I built for my own, later successfully installed Yosemite, then El Capitan when released. (Still my main rig til this date
3) Second hand Macbook Pro 13"(mid 2009), purchased in 2016, installed 6GB RAM and SSD on my own

Mac Plus, Powerbook 100, and many, many more desktops and laptops.

But no longer since they don't really pay much attention to their Macs anymore. Their thin and light laptops which might interest me are totally form over function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back