Contribute
Register

Do you know a Carbon Copy Cloner app similar for clone Windows partition? (dual boot hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Yosemite 10.10.2
CPU
Core i7 @3.8
Graphics
Geforce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.

i used CCC to backup my OSX partition with a full and bootable clone . Very nice program and worked correctly.
I have a dual boot with OSX and Windows in a parted SSD.

Now i want to make similar thing in the Windows partition, backup the partition and make a bootable copy of it, the same way i did with CCC (very simple and easy by the way), but i'm yet not achieve this.

Tried Acronis True Image but it only allow for the entire SSD with the partition schemes, not only for the specific Windows partition.

Anyone know or have already done some thing like i'm wanting?

Thanks

anyone know what is the best software to backup SSD with hackintosh os x 10.10.3 system ?
with clover boot ?
like norton ghost from dos run software to backup the SSD and when it needed to restore from dos.

If you have one OS per drive such as a Windows drive and a OS X drive then you can use something like CCC or SuperDuper! for making bootable clones of OS X. For Win 8 and 8.1 you can use the Windows built in application to make a bootable and compressed clone of your Windows drive that can be used to restore to the same or different drive.

However, if you have put both OS's on one drive, you need to look at a bit for bit drive cloning; the software that I have used for this is Clonzilla, an open source LINUX LiveCD application that does a very nice job. However it is a character based UI and does take some learning to get it going.

If you want to spend a little money, there are SATA drive hubs that will do bit for bit drive cloning at a push of a button. This does require that you have both the source drive and target drive out of the system and on the desk top. This type of cloning does not require a connection to a computer. Check out this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817821011

Good modding,
neil

I've only 1 os on SSD only os x 10.10.4 hackintosh
I want to backup that i buy usb3 64g for this.

How i do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back