Contribute
Register

Do you have the EFI folder for Acer Predator Helios 300 GTX 1050ti i5-8300H Coffee Lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop > Need make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5 8300H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1050 Ti, 1920x1080
Moderators - I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules, I just made my account today. Please don't remove my post

It's been weeks since I've been trying to install mac on my laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 GTX 1050ti i5-8300H Coffee Lake but no EFI seems to work.

Sometimes it freezes at voodoo loading init or reboots after the apple logo starts loading.

I finally found @vjkrvkarma having the same laptop as me and successfully achieving the installation.

Buddy, if you're reading this. Can you please message me? I can't find a way to reach you for the life of me. ‍♂️

Any help from this amazing community is would be a godsend!

Thanks!

Moderators - I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules, I just made my account today. Please don't remove my post

It's been weeks since I've been trying to install mac on my laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 GTX 1050ti i5-8300H Coffee Lake but no EFI seems to work.

Sometimes it freezes at voodoo loading init or reboots after the apple logo starts loading.

I finally found @vjkrvkarma having the same laptop as me and successfully achieving the installation.

Buddy, if you're reading this. Can you please message me? I can't find a way to reach you for the life of me. ‍♂️

Any help from this amazing community is would be a godsend!

Thanks!

Hello.

Private messaging is not available to you yet. Also it benefits all the other members to display your problem - and eventual solution - which is what the forums are for.

Have you created your own EFI or are you just using others you have found here?

If you have created your own, then ZIP it and attach to a post so someone can check it for you.

:)

Thanks for being so nice @UtterDisbelief!

I have these (attached) files with me right now. @vjkrvkarma seemed to use these files when he successfully installed macOS.

But as I copy them into the EFI folder using Explorer++, the Pendrive doesn't list as a bootable device anymore. I've noticed the "BOOT" & "OC" folders are missing from these files. Could that be the reason?

Is there a way I can make these files bootable as these are the closest ones I've found to my laptop and processor?

Thanks again for helping!

Attachments

• Acer Predator PH315-51 (fully working).zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 88
  • EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 110
Thanks for being so nice @UtterDisbelief!

I have these (attached) files with me right now. @vjkrvkarma seemed to use these files when he successfully installed macOS.

But as I copy them into the EFI folder using Explorer++, the Pendrive doesn't list as a bootable device anymore. I've noticed the "BOOT" & "OC" folders are missing from these files. Could that be the reason?

Is there a way I can make these files bootable as these are the closest ones I've found to my laptop and processor?

Thanks again for helping!
using a DSDT from another laptop is wrong thing to do

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Link to laptop guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back