• Yes

Votes: 320 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does pocket planes count as gaming?

Of course, I play games! :D Some games run very smooth but now I got stuck in a game which tells me that my computer isn't meeting the minimal requirements. Of course, it does! So I wonder what tells the game I don't match the minimum. Any ideas? Talking about "Life is Strange Before the storm"

Yes!, but can it play Homeworld Remastered Collection!. One of my favorite games and considered a classic by many, but you can't play it on Catalina. I currently enjoy it on my 2010 MBP, but can it run on a Hackintosh, or to be more specific, my "Mac in the Box". I'll have to downgrade to High Sierra, creating the installer now.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 5.40.49 PM.png

If it were not for games, and particularly Cyan's games, I would never have built a Hackintosh. The four computers I listed below were mostly built in response to the latest (and in some cases unreleased) Cyan games' system requirements.

Myst Masterpiece
Riven
Myst III: Exile
Myst IV: Revelation
Myst V: End of Ages
URU: Complete Chronicles
Myst Online: Uru Live (MOULa)
Obduction
Firmament (unreleased)

The Witness
Quern
The Dig (old LucasArts game from Steven Spielberg)
Obsidian
Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Starship Titanic (from Douglas Adams)

Last edited:
craighazan My hackintosh is still on High Sierra and i'm running into software compatibility issues requiring me to upgrade. Why not run it on Windows, use wine on mac os or under linux with proton?
But I bought it from Aspyr in the Apple store, unlike Destiny 2 I can’t transfer my Purchase to steam. I don’t want to have to buy it again. I can plug the MBP into a big screen and use the mouse and keyboard if I have to.
@wstrohm have you played the the first Far Cry game on a modern computer on high settings. What’s it like to play the older games?. Maxing our the graphics in these older games is a real treat.

@wstrohm have you played the the first Far Cry game on a modern computer on high settings. What’s it like to play the older games?. Maxing our the graphics in these older games is a real treat.
Nope, have not played "Far Cry," any version. The older games lack for resolution, i.e. some pre-rendered games like Myst and Riven were made in 640 x 480 format and will never be better. Never have played "Manhole" or "Cosmic Osmo," and some older games made for the PowerMac Gx series were never ported to the Intel-based Mac OS. I'd like to play "Obsidian" once again on my Hackintoshes, but have to use my old PM G5 running Mac OS Tiger.

Far Cry in 4K anyone?.

Before doing a mod, take a look at this Yeston RX 550. I have not tested one but many people say they work OOB with Catalina and even Mojave. Price is reasonable and should retain support even in 10.16 later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back