Do You Game on Your Hackintosh?

• Yes

Votes: 320 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others, I built mine so that I could play games whilst also having a powerful productivity machine. I try to have OS X versions of games if possible, but of course I have Windows on an SSD pretty much only for gaming. It'll be interesting to see whether Steam OS increases Linux support/ports of games though in future. I'd be willing to ditch Windows in favour of Linux (or potentially it could mean more games on OS X too) if enough games came out for it, and GOG or other services like that ported older games to Linux too.

As of this moment, I'm interested to see which new graphics cards are going to be supported in future versions of OS X. My 660ti is still pretty good for what I need, but I'd be tempted by a 980 if that became natively supported. Obviously now with the new iMac, AMD R9 290 is also an option (but I prefer nVidia for their power efficiency since I aim for cool and quiet when picking components).

Love gaming on my hack. I'm not a big gamer, but, when I do game, I like to do it right. My newer game of choice is Need for Speed Undercover, which performs flawlessly inside of Wineskin. I have all of the video settings maxed out, and it works without a hitch. On top of that, my inner child loves OpenEMU for playing NES, SNES, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis and N64 games. Oh!...and I keep it real, I have all the USB adapters so I can play using authentic controllers, no cheap USB knockoffs. It's real nice having OpenEMU, I love being able to open one program and have all of my video games neatly organized with cover art inside of a nice searchable program. My friends who run PCs are totally jealous. :p

I play LEGO titles on Steam and also Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I play WOW on my iMac

I play Guild Wars 2 from laptop and desktop. and play perfect

I'm not an avid gamer, but sometimes I enjoy playing games such as strategy games and adventure games on Steam. Especially, Civilization V is the best; my account says I've played it for over 800 hours.

If you can give up some latest AAA titles, Mac has a variety of games and seems not bad platform for gamers.

Last edited:
today pay Civilization V lol. good game...but don't have 800hous

Chess, Minecraft ;), and Calculator.

Ido but it's not nearly the performance that I would expect. even with the correct nvidia drivers and my CPU not being a bottleneck, I still find worse performance on mac. It's still enjoyable on most games but not for cs:go!

Gaming???

battlefront.com - The entire Combat Mission series; tactical level WWII wargaming at it's finest. No power-ups, no hit points. Serious math behind the scenes; akin to Avalon Hill's Squad Leader all grown up in a 3d environment with accurate modeling. Good graphics (the mods community is awesome), and realistic results -- what other game is concerned about DeMarre equations, and has a true-to-life 3d ballistics engine for armor engagements? A wargame grog's dream.

And the hackintosh runs 'em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back