Contribute
Register

Do unique video cards matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there!

I've mostly been a silent hackintosher using these forums for years, which has been incredibly helpful! I've built several (~5-6) builds, but this issue has me totally stumped.

I got a Sapphire RX 570 and put in my machine (Sierra). Installed WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext and it works like a charm. Did the same on a friend's machine and it also worked great (exact same card / OS). I recently bought the same one (well not EXACTLY the same one, but here's the first and here's the second). The cards look identical in every way. Figuring I'd have the same situation with this card, I added to another computer I am building. No luck, black screen no matter what I tried. It will boot for a bit, then just cut with no signal. After trying everything I could think / read of, I was curious, so I popped that card into my working machine, and behold: same problem. So purely swapping out the physical cards it would either boot successfully or lose signal, no matter the machine I was working on. I've read through this very helpful sticky on the issue, but I'm not certain on one thing:

With framebuffer IDs, are those by individual card or simply by model/make/chip? Do you think I just have a bad card or is it something about how I'm configuring this?

Giving my system specs might be irrelevant because I have more four of them ;) For what it's worth, my general setup for all of them are:
Processor: Sandy Bridge/Haswell i7
Motherboard: Gigabyte (varied models)
Clover with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back