Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get stuck on installation? does it just freeze or restarts?
It always freezed and restarted right after during copying of a system data. Always in a different time but never made it to the end.

I have also the 970 evo plus 500gb m2 MZ-V7S500BW and when I want to install with clover und Mojave 10.4.3 and format the 970evo+ with apfs it crash and reboot. I have also cloned from my "old" sata SSD with superduper, thats works, but the write read is unter 100mb/s. When I boot from the running system old satassd and format the m2 970evo+ it also crashed und reboot.

my board is a Asus z270-p Prime

It always freezed and restarted right after during copying of a system data. Always in a different time but never made it to the end.
It still freezes even if it's the secondary drive, so it can't be used as a storage or Windows drive for now. I removed it and get no freezes anymore...

I hope it gets fixed soon, the speed difference between it and the regular 970 is great.

I have the same issue with my new 970 Plus. 250gb Version, crashes on format or install. I can keep the drive in and use my old install (a regular SSD) without any issues, though. My Board is a Gigabyte Z390 Designare.

I got one, and stuck at installation. I am not sure 970 plus is the source of problem or not

update: I replaced 970plus with 970, installation finished.

Last edited:
GREAT, thanks for this post! I ordered one 1Tb yesterday and could just change it to the older version before delivery. You saved my day :thumbup:

I got one, and stuck at installation. I am not sure 970 plus is the source of problem or not
If twelve people have already reported that it hasn't worked in their builds, it's obvious that it's at least part of the problem and not resolved yet. Drives like the 970 EVO by the same company work with no problems. I would conclude that the 970 EVO Plus is the main problem. It could be firmware related or whatever else. Just avoid them for now.

Thank god for this thread. I was about the buy the Evo Plus, but changed it to the older version just in time. :thumbup:

I also had the plus in my shopping cart, guess i'll switch back to regular! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back