Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just to be cristal clear, Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 500GB, NVMe, M.2 will work as boot drive?

Just to be crystal clear "YES" provided it has the correct firmware! If it has the old firmware then "NO". If it was bought in the last 6 months chances are that it has the upgraded firmware but it is best to download the firmware.

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

Firmware: 2B2QEXM7

I used a program called Rufas to create the bootable USB stick with the Firmware from Samsung as their tools did not work for me.

Is the SSD Will work if i update the firmware trough windows samsung application ?

Is the SSD Will work if i update the firmware trough windows samsung application ?
The firmware on the drive is the firmware on the drive it does not matter how it got there windows, linux, Mac! Like I said I used a program called Rufas. The package you download from Samsung can be used with the tools they provide for windows or the ISO can be used to create a bootable USB using their tools also. I choose to use Rufas because I could not make Samsungs tools work and Rufas make it stupid simple.

Hi folks... Is there any reason why the samsung 970 evo+ 2tb wouldn't work in one of our builds? I'm assuming if the 1TB will work the 2TB version of the same drive would work?

Hi folks... Is there any reason why the samsung 970 evo+ 2tb wouldn't work in one of our builds? I'm assuming if the 1TB will work the 2TB version of the same drive would work?
I know it’s months later..... I ordered 2 x 2TB drives. Guess I’m gonna find out later tonight when they arrive :lol:

All work , i update trough windows 10 with samsung software now running Big sure

It had some instability problems, but it worked with Big Sur, But now with Monterey it doesn't work, I can't boot with SIP disable, the boot is too long and has a lot of freezes, I switched with a banal ssd and fixed everything. I updated the Firmware 2B2QEXM7, But without success, as Monterey are still betas for now, let's see if the final version works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back