Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have put a 970 EVO Plus in a 2017 iMac. Before installing I took it to a computer service store who could put the m2 in a windows-computer and upgraded the firmware for me. I paid like $20 for this, as I have no people around who could do it for me. I just have to trust that they made the proper firmware-upgrade. At any rate, this m2 cannot be detected after install, even when I have used Unetbootin and Etcher (sorry about the picture being posted the wrong way)... Could it be hardware-related? I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening! I have used equipment (like the recommended Sintech adapter (ST-NGFF2013C)) and procedures described here: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...rade-pitfalls-and-tips.2177812/#post-27283795

Any suggestions? I cannot see that most people here have trouble in detecting the m2?

Attachments

• IMG_2590.JPG
    IMG_2590.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 209
Hello!
Today I was installing Catalina ( 15.10.1 ) on this SSD --> EVO 970 Plus.
My experience was difficult because I don't have all knowledges about Hackintosh. This is my third computer with Mac Os and I did the installation very well except:
  1. Injection of Vega 64 8GB.
  2. Power off, reboot and sleep.
NOTE: Before update the firmware I had a lot of problems installing Catalina. After this, work fine.

I can confirm the plus drives work, at least to some extent. My new system has only been up and running for about 48 hours now but so far so good. I did a fresh Mojave install following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-i7-8700k-sapphire-rx580-pulse-build.272572/

The only issue I ran into so far was that I needed to use Display Port rather than HDMI to connect, otherwise the screen just goes black and becomes unresponsive. However, I don't think that's related to this drive. Just something to note.

Do you guys think it is possible to flash the PM981 drive and run it on a Catalina system?
It seems that the PM981 is OEM Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

Do you guys think it is possible to flash the PM981 drive and run it on a Catalina system?
It seems that the PM981 is OEM Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

You would need to contact Samsung to find this out, or you could be a test guinea pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back