Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung 970 EVO Plus Still have problem in Mac OS X Hackintosh after Upgrade Firmware 2B2QEXM7

If Have More than one 970 Evo Plus in computer, got Crashing in Mac OS X Hackintosh

But no any problem if login Windows OS

Try with 3 970 Evo Plus in original Slot M.2 Crashing after few second

Try with 2 970 Evo Plus Crashing after few second

Try with one 970 Evo Plus No any Problem

Try with one 970 Evo Plus and one 960 pro no any problem

Any Idea?

Regards

Got 970 Evo Plus 500GB and downloaded latest 10.14.6 and installed without any problem. No problem so far and the drive came with latest firmware 2B2QEXM7. I don't what driver and test should I perform to make sure it's working correctly. Please suggest me if I missed anything? Thank you.

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 215
Which version of OS did you use to install on the 970 Evo Plus 500GB?

Got 970 Evo Plus 500GB and downloaded latest 10.14.6 and installed without any problem. No problem so far and the drive came with latest firmware 2B2QEXM7. I don't what driver and test should I perform to make sure it's working correctly. Please suggest me if I missed anything? Thank you.

How did you check the firmware version of the drive? I just bought a 970 EVO Plus to use as a secondary drive in my first build and I’m trying to figure out if/how I need to install the firmware update.

How did you check the firmware version of the drive? I just bought a 970 EVO Plus to use as a secondary drive in my first build and I’m trying to figure out if/how I need to install the firmware update.
Run the Samsung Magician software and it will tell you what firmware version you have now.

Run the Samsung Magician software and it will tell you what firmware version you have now.

That’s Windows only, no? I unfortunately don’t have access to a windows machine. I‘m planning to try updating the firmware via a bootable USB before installing Mojave on my new build tonight, but if I didn’t have to do that, that would be awesome!

Last edited:
Are you living alone on a desert island in the South Pacific ? You could create WindowsPE USB but I don't know how you'll even do that without a Windows PC to create one.

hehe, not on a desert island but I literally don’t know a single person with a PC. I guess I could knock on my neighbors doors but I’m sure I can find an easier solution. I’ll try the bootable USB firmware update tonight and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back