Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never got file descriptor errors, however this was on a MBP.
It's supposed to be known issue, based on
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2058
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4196
- https://openradar.appspot.com/10257191
1565043071997.png

I'm using this SSD mainly and I have zero issues after upgrading the firmware. Fastest SSD I have ever used.

Just a quick update after a couple of weeks. I'm using the 970plus on a MBP mid 2015.
Start having now serious issues, random reboots, MB not starting also is running quite hot.
Takes long time to get a reboot done (PRAM reset etc.).
So I can't recommend using this SSD on original MBP hardware.

Just a quick update after a couple of weeks. I'm using the 970plus on a MBP mid 2015.
Start having now serious issues, random reboots, MB not starting also is running quite hot.
Takes long time to get a reboot done (PRAM reset etc.).
So I can't recommend using this SSD on original MBP hardware.

Is this with or without the firmware update?

Nope with update to 2B2QEXM7. Run smooth for 2-3 weeks now back to unstable a little bit back and forth. Random black-outs. So long term stability seems to be still an issue. I'm also on the newest macOS 10.14.6.
Also for my taste it's running quite hot after a while.

Got my drive a while ago and successfully installed Mojave. No problems here with the latest firmware.. "knocking on wood"

Haven't got any crash since I've stopped letting Source Tree hanging in background for days.
But it was just 5 days since then, so I wouldn't call issue solved yet.
So, it's been more than two weeks now without crash.

1566101346436.png

I've tried to downgrade SourceTree from 3.0 to what I've been using before upgrade (2.5.1) but that didn't let me to keep it hanging in background
1566101573668.png 1566101608824.png

I didn't have this problem with 2.5.1 but it could also be related to High Sierra to Mojave upgrade during disk swap and not to the disk swap. Might test that out, but I'm definitely not gonna stay on HS and give-up Mojave Dark Theme and definitely gonna stay on 970 Plus until something better comes out.

Nope with update to 2B2QEXM7. Run smooth for 2-3 weeks now back to unstable a little bit back and forth. Random black-outs. So long term stability seems to be still an issue. I'm also on the newest macOS 10.14.6.
Also for my taste it's running quite hot after a while.
Have you been watching system temperatures closely with tool like iStat?
If your system was overheated for too long I would expect it to become unstable

recently i bought a H370N+i5 9600K+ 16gb corsair and evo970plus .couldnt install mojave on the evo . i ve update the firmware on windows but still instalation restarts a 2 mts remaining and then 2 step just stucks and reboot after i see 13 minutes remaning . same usb drive instalations works on a ssd ocz . please i ll apreciated any help. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back