Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @bootpcanon . Eventually downloaded the new firmware (2B2QEXM7) from Samsung using your link and installed it to a brand new 970 EVO Plus 1Tb.

No luck though. The sdd is not even detected by the latest Mojave 10.14.6 beta (18G29g) on a 15" Macbook Pro Retina from mid 2014 (A1398, MacBookPro11,2).

I can't even blame the adapter or at least it was good enough for the firmware updater to detect and update the sdd.

Just don't buy it (yet?)

EDIT: Sorry for the wrong info I posted initially. It does work with the real Macbook Pro. Just don't forget that booting a 2014 model with the internet recovery loads OS X Mavericks, which does not support NVMe -my bad.

Last edited:
Mmh I would have installed it on a MBP 15" Retina mid 2015 with 10.14.5. However it looks like it's still not working.

So I just tried to install the latest Mojave build 10.14.5 upon reboot my Samsung 979 m2 (not sure if it’s pro) no longer shows up as a boot option in clover .. anyone found a way to resolve this ?

Samsung release new firmware update

Samsung release new firmware update

Thanks.. I have the Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E500BW) any idea on a link.. ill search here but wasn't sure if it was posted yet..

I see these but not sure what to download yet..

FWIW, created an account here to say that I have a Samsung EVO plus 256gb HD that is working BEAUTIFULLY with the firmware update. Try downloading just after midnight - that worked for me at least.

I put the drive in my Mac Pro late 2013 yesterday and attempted to install mojave. It couldn't stay on more than a few minutes without having a kernal panic. Tried again today, and it installed perfectly, and is much faster than before. So there is hope!

Tried again today, and it installed perfectly, and is much faster than before. So there is hope!
Please provide a follow up after you've used it longer than a day or two. We want to know if this is a complete fix of the issues.

Shame there is a download limit for the firmware. I don't see any purpose in that if your customers are having issues with your product.

Is their a way to update the firmware w/o having to boot into windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back