Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me, not been on forum for probably 18 months, so I want to buy an M2 - the 970 PRO is ok yeah?

Been running my hack on standard SSD as when I last tried to run M2 there were loads of workarounds to get them going but Apple updates negated all you hard work - so I’m assuming M2s now natively supported using the Hack set of tools? Many thanks

Hey many thanks as I’m about to order - so this M2 just gets “recognised” now during setup yeah?
You'll need to partition it and format APFS before you install Mojave.

Those who have problems with the 970 EVO Plus have reported that even having an empty 970 EVO Plus installed will cause kernel panics.

You can try mhafeez's method (post #62) to see if it helps....

For future reference, having the 970 Evo Plus present in my build with Win 10 didn't interfere with my install.
I'm rocking 10.14.4 on another SSD with no problems.

I have the same issues with mine, but I got it working for now with an external cabinet. "IcyBox USB Type-C Enclosure for M.2 NVMe SSD". It comes with two cables; one for Type-C and one for Type-A connector.

Only thing that apparently still occurs is that it says when I log on that the computer shut down because of an error, even though everything has gone smoothly. Might be worth looking into! :)

Edit and TLDR; Running High Sierra 10.13.6 with HFS+ on Samsung 970 EVO Plus with external cabinet now and is working, sort of.

Can anyone test if this would work normaly as a secundary drive full speed? like format it as NTFS and work under osx without any problem?

thanks

Can anyone test if this would work normaly as a secundary drive full speed? like format it as NTFS and work under osx without any problem?
Well, I certainly can, but it'll take at least 2-3 hours, so I will not do it. I am going to buy 970 Evo anyways.

Hi, I know @richardp1512 already asked, but I'm about to buy two 970 Pro m.2 and I want to make sure first, because Tony's Buyer's Guide specifically does not include the 970 Pro's and Evo's as m.2, only the SSD variants.

Can anybody confirm they are m.2's are actually working? Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back