Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Samsung PM981 has the same problem and has been out for over a year with no "fix" to be found. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix for this either.
At least Samsung fixed the exploding phone batteries in the Galaxy Note whatever version. That took a long time and they lost a lot of money too. They are such a large company that I don't think fixing NVMe SSD firmware is that high on their priority list. I could be wrong though.

Just to update that I have been using 970EVO Plus for a month now and it works great! I'm using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. Previously not working properly (KP) with AptioMemoryFix.efi. Have anyone tried this?

Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 10.57.40 AM.png

Quick question, can I install mojave on a known to work SSD while the 970 plus is in my build? (I got win 10 installed on the 970 plus and want to install mojave on another ssd.)

Quick question, can I install mojave on a known to work SSD while the 970 plus is in my build? (I got win 10 installed on the 970 plus and want to install mojave on another ssd.)

Those who have problems with the 970 EVO Plus have reported that even having an empty 970 EVO Plus installed will cause kernel panics.

You can try mhafeez's method (post #62) to see if it helps....

mhafeez
Hey. Say with this disk 970 EVO Plus system is fully working? Do not panic and reboot?

I’ll look into it. Isn’t there an easier way to force the os to ignore hardware, though?

Just to update that I have been using 970EVO Plus for a month now and it works great! I'm using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. Previously not working properly (KP) with AptioMemoryFix.efi. Have anyone tried this?

View attachment 401684

I just tried this...not working...
It reboot when installing ....

View attachment 401684
Hi.. I'm curious to know your motherboard model...

Last edited:
Oh... Thanks bro.. I did the same mistake.. Got my 970 Evo Plus today... The worst No sleep nights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back