Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have 970 evo plus ,it wasted me a night before see this. has any one resolved this problem?

A few posts up... a crazy work around - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/samsung-970-evo-plus-m-2-nvme-ssd-is-ok.274115/#post-1935136

But doesn't say if it works properly...

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. The gains on the plus are not worth the extra $$ or hassle. The pro works fine... I've sent mine back and swapping to a pro.

sustained-rm.png

sustained-sm.png

burst-sr.png

Wish I had read this earlier, always learning

I also have 970 evo plus ,it wasted me a night before see this. has any one resolved this problem?
Taking mine back this afternoon

Wish I had read this earlier, always learning
same here.. spend almost two days of troubleshooting to find out that the evo plus ist not supported. I should've taken a closer look before I ordered the new drive :oops: ... ordered the pro instead

darn it , i m using a pm961 1t all is well ,until i decide to buy a 970evo plus. i use disk genius create a os x partion img and restore to 970evo plus.1st boot,nvme device timeout,2nd time boot smoothly into system, but anytime require large data load or writen to disc, it lost status and reboot.i thought it was clone issue caused unstable.when i re-install os x 10.13.6,the progress bars rolls to 18% and lost power reboot repeatedly.

thank shiva Iread this now! Had it in my cart. I see posts that say they swapped to an EVO 970pro. That does work fine right? cause I'd love to have that extra speed the plus and pro have.

Can anyone clearly confirm the EVO 970pro works too?

Unfortunately I had also purchased the 970 EVO Plus with the intention of installing it into a 2015 Macbook Pro with an M2 adapter. After a couple of hours trying to get Mojave installed on it, I came across this thread.

While I know that no one can be sure other than Apple or Samsung, does anyone have any clues if this will be potentially patched in the future, or should I just try to return the drive to Amazon (or else sell it)? From what I've read, it seems that the 970 Evo Pro had similar issues on launch, so maybe that is an indicator of how long it will take for Samsung or Apple to address this issue?

Unfortunately I had also purchased the 970 EVO Plus with the intention of installing it into a 2015 Macbook Pro with an M2 adapter. After a couple of hours trying to get Mojave installed on it, I came across this thread.

While I know that no one can be sure other than Apple or Samsung, does anyone have any clues if this will be potentially patched in the future, or should I just try to return the drive to Amazon (or else sell it)? From what I've read, it seems that the 970 Evo Pro had similar issues on launch, so maybe that is an indicator of how long it will take for Samsung or Apple to address this issue?

The Samsung PM981 has the same problem and has been out for over a year with no "fix" to be found. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix for this either.

I'm unaware of any issues with the 970 Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back