Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my new ssd 970 evo plus today but it won't let me continue with the catalina installation. after selecting the disk where to install os it returns to the initial utility screen ... I checked and the latest version is installed on the SSD 2B2QEXM7 what can it depend on?

I bought my new ssd 970 evo plus today but it won't let me continue with the catalina installation. after selecting the disk where to install os it returns to the initial utility screen ... I checked and the latest version is installed on the SSD 2B2QEXM7 what can it depend on?
Make sure the drive is configured GUID Partition and formatted correctly

probably its not disk related. And Also every one knows your home adress due to the images you uploaded (GeoTag), be careful when youı uploading images.

I just got my 970 evo plus delivered and the box has a production date of 2020 03 13 is it safe to assume that it has the latest firmware and I should have no issues installing Catalina?

I just got my 970 evo plus delivered and the box has a production date of 2020 03 13 is it safe to assume that it has the latest firmware and I should have no issues installing Catalina?
Yes

I just realized I ordered a Samsung 860 PRO 512 (not a Plus) from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07836C6YV/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 - but it's SATA III and not M2. Is M2 required for smoother operation, or am I ok with the SATA version as far as installing/day-to-day use?

Thanks!
If it’s a standard SSD it will be fine. The Z97 boards have a m.2 slot that only supports up to 10mb/sec so you won’t really be fit from a MVME drive that much. Z170 and up support 32 mb/sec so they see a much better improvement using NVME drives.

If it’s a standard SSD it will be fine. The Z97 boards have a m.2 slot that only supports up to 10mb/sec so you won’t really be fit from a MVME drive that much. Z170 and up support 32 mb/sec so they see a much better improvement using NVME drives.

Cool, thanks. I plan on dropping it into an Asus Z390-I but if they're really similar in terms of performance, I think I'll stick w/ the SATA version. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back