gigabyte H55M-USB3
CPU
i3 3.2 GHz
Graphics
Asus 8600GS
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hi,
just wondering. do many people use this site anymore.
I remember when i first started to use this forum many years ago.

That was when 10.6.8 was fairly current.
People were really helpful and even though i didn't have any software knowledge.
I was able with some help to get a hackintosh up and running.
Which rand 10.6.8 for several years.
Then one year, i installed the DSDT for a bios update. And my faithful hackintosh stopped working.

I tried to get help but my posts generally went unanswered.
I kind of feel like i am in a similar position now really, as i have returned to my old hackintosh
and had it working with 2 different hard drives
although not completely

i had 10.6.8 working but no usb with easyinstall
and i even had 10.11 working, but again with no usb working using multibeast
which was ok, as i was using this hard disk for some basic illustration

but then through desperation i tried to get the old 10.6.8 to work with usb and again used multi beast to install the
DSDT file for my mobo bios (which incidentally is an old Gigabyte H55M-USB3 board running F11 Bios)
but this again has made the HD with 10.6.8 stop working.

Now, when i try and boot from 10.11, this just hangs on a screen with INTERNAL being selected, and doesn't boot.
And as the USB doesn't work, i can't choose any of the other HD drives.

I did ask for help but no one answered. Actually i believe a moderator asked me to put more info about my equipment and that was it. Shame. But nevermind.

Now, not to take any thing away from what you guys have achieved in the past. as what has been achieved is amazing. Without such skilled experienced people who openly help others without looking for a return, no one in the world would have a hackintosh. I myself really like the co-operative helpful ethos, and live my life accordingly.

Unfortunately, due to my lack of knowledge in programming, hackintosh isn't an area that i can be particularly helpful.
I do however give a great deal of my time to helping people in my local area (mostly teaching kids, adults and disabled people Judo etc). As this is what i have to offer at the mo. So, i do give and am a giver.

I just wish there were more people on this forum like the old days, who helped others.
Now, please forgive me if you are one of the givers who does help others. If i have not met you on the forum.
Then sorry for making this statement.
I guess i am just finding life very frustrating in this precarious world of hackintosh, which isn't as easy as ABC.
And really could do with a little help. just wish someone would. rather than just move my post...
thanks for reading...
i am now presently looking into moving to windows, even though i love mac os and logic pro (which is only on os x).
:(

Do you still have your Snow Leopard DVD ? If so it's quite easy to install from that, no USB is needed. Make an iBoot 3.3.0 CD just like you did when you originally installed Snow Leopard many years ago. Post in Snow Leopard Desktop Support for further help with the install.

I think what is important is to follow religiously the steps from the guides, and if you search you can find a lot of the answers you are looking for...

Anyway I still consider building a hackintosh time consuming, I normally need at least 1-2 days to get it working, even using guides...

But then it is very stable. I also used my 10.6.8 installation for several years ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back