Contribute
Register

Do Intel 'F' CPUs work in macOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached my EFI folder.

NOTE: the SSDTs in my EFI folder may not fully work on your motherboard, consider creating it yourself following this guide:

Thanks you I have succeeded Install Mojave but I got problems when turning on the PC sometimes fail with the stop sign display, push power button to turn off and turn on again I got worked.

Hi All

I currently have an Ivybridge build. Have been very happy with it, have 100% functionality, but now looking to upgrade with the rumours that the late 2012 iMac will not be supported in 10.15 which happens to be similar to my build.

Current essential Specs:
Gigabyte Motherboard - GA-B75M-D3P​
Intel 3770​
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance RAM​
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB itx versions​
Having searched around, I'm intrigued by 'Motherboard Bundles' and I'm very interested in the below I found at Palicomp.

I was looking at going with the following:
I'm interested in the 9400F because of it's price and performance. Looking at Intel Core i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz Benchmark, it looks pretty impressive for it's price BUT, I haven't seen anyone using a 'F' processor for macOS.

Does anyone use one or has tried using one? I'd love to know what people think generally.

Thanks
now me , im using my new Core i5 9400F + GA-Z390-UD + RX 580 , until now everything is working fine.

now me , im using my new Core i5 9400F + GA-Z390-UD + RX 580 , until now everything is working fine.
Dear TommyV,

Can you share the EFI folder ? I have similar spec. , However I don't know why I'm stuck in the Appleacpicpu kextd stall, even though I have checked "inject kext" in the clover.

of course yes, friend.
after a short honey moon with the system a I got some issue, but I solved for a while.
I think is the GPU cousing this conflict or some BIOS configuration, I decided to load default bios for now.
my EFI folder is here :

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 311
Hi,
If you use last clover with last lilu and WEG (WhatEverGreen) you shouldn’t have problems: they force AMD GPU to render everything when they find an “F” processor (I have a Z370HD3P with an i5-9400F with RX580)!

Hi guys, im using my new Core i3 9100F + gigabyte z390 i Aorus Pro Wifi + MSI Vega 56

have issues with encoding/decoding H.24/H.25, FXCP, how can i do, thank you!

have issues with encoding/decoding H.264/H.265, FCP X
Whether it will work depends on what system definition you use. What happens if you use iMac Pro 1,1 ?

Last edited:
Whether it will work depends on what system definition you use. What happens if you use iMac Pro 1,1 ?

thank you so much!!!

Dear TommyV,

Can you share the EFI folder ? I have similar spec. , However I don't know why I'm stuck in the Appleacpicpu kextd stall, even though I have checked "inject kext" in the clover.
ok, no problem.
i will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back