Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When installing using Multibeast, I have always put the DSDT file on the desktop, it just got to be a habit and I did it automatically, however the setting used to have the option for UserDSDT and it hasn't the last few versions. So do I still need to place the DSDT on the desktop when installing with Multibeast or am I a bit of a tw** and been wasting my time. Do I still need the DSDT (one from your database) and if so where do I put it. Its a series 6 mobo. It's always worked fine the way I have done it.

Unitbeast/Multibeast switched to Clover EFI Bootloader a few years ago. Clover patch the DSDT for you.

I opened the config.plist with Clover Configurator, selected the DropOEM option for DSDT and copied the TonyMac DSDT edit to the EFI partition in EFI\Clover\ACPI\Patched folder and renamed it DSDT.aml. Should that work ok, it doesn't stop it booting at all, but if it's not reading the DSDT then it's a little pointless doing it.

I opened the config.plist with Clover Configurator, selected the DropOEM option for DSDT and copied the TonyMac DSDT edit to the EFI partition in EFI\Clover\ACPI\Patched folder and renamed it DSDT.aml. Should that work ok, it doesn't stop it booting at all, but if it's not reading the DSDT then it's a little pointless doing it.

DropOEM (config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem) has nothing to do with DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back