Contribute
Register

Do I need to upgrade my hardware for Big Sur? -- GA-Z170X-UD3 | i5 6600K | RX 580 Pulse 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running Big Sur on a ga-z170x-ud3 with an i7-6700K. Works great! Even sleeps properly.

Frank
Can you share your EFI please? :)

Attached is the EFI I use for my GA-Z170X-UD3. I am using a Sapphire Pulse RX 570 Graphics card. It is running Big Sur. The USBPorts.kext limits the number of USB ports to 15. You may have to try them to see which ones I disabled.

Sleep, audio work. I use speaker output, but both of the monitors I have connected are selectable in sound preferences so I assume that HDMI sound works too.

MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID in config.plist-> PlatformInfo -> Generic have been deleted. You should use yours or create new compatible entries.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 151
Thanks mate, really.
I know nothing about OpenCore and I've not been touching Clover since the beginning.
I helped a friend some days ago (thanks to another very kind guy) and now I'm gonna do it in my own hack.
Of course I wanna study but at least I can see what you did and get the meaning of everything easily this way.
I think I'm gonna buy one 5500xt because of its minor power consumption compared to the 580 I wanted at the beginning and that is very common here.
It should work the same without changing anything , right?
Thanks again mate:)

Last edited:
Oh sorry one last thing: can you tell me if I have to change anything if I try your EFI before I buy the GPU?
Using the integrated graphics I mean. Thanks :)

May I ask you to share your OC EFI as I own almost the same config than yours ?
I actually am on last clover and try to move on OC.
Thanks
I recommend that you follow the guide yourself and learn it. You can get Big Sur up and running relatively fast. This is something you will benefit greatly from in the long run! :) Dortania got everything you need.

I do not know for certain the specifics of whatevergreen and so I am not sure if the answers to your questions are yes.

Ok thanks again man, I'll try! :)

Attached is the EFI I use for my GA-Z170X-UD3. I am using a Sapphire Pulse RX 570 Graphics card. It is running Big Sur. The USBPorts.kext limits the number of USB ports to 15. You may have to try them to see which ones I disabled.

Sleep, audio work. I use speaker output, but both of the monitors I have connected are selectable in sound preferences so I assume that HDMI sound works too.

MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID in config.plist-> PlatformInfo -> Generic have been deleted. You should use yours or create new compatible entries.
thank you very much...you save me..attach files is good. exclude bluetooth..but I boot oc first thanks to your files

thank you very much...you save me..attach files is good. exclude bluetooth..but I boot oc first thanks to your files
Hi, did you only add MLB etc and nothing else?
I'm asking because when I boot, Opencore works but doesn't see the usb installer...
It only sees my current High Sierra partition :/
Thanks!

Hi, did you only add MLB etc and nothing else?
I'm asking because when I boot, Opencore works but doesn't see the usb installer...
It only sees my current High Sierra partition :/
Thanks!

The config.plist I use hides pretty much everything but the macOS boot, so you will not see any USB boot drives. You can change the config.plist to see all boot drives by modifying the ScanPolicy variable. Set it to 0 to see everything bootable.

as uploaded:
<key>ScanPolicy</key>
<integer>3080451</integer>

change to:
<key>ScanPolicy</key>
<integer>0</integer>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back