Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 4670K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Clover Configurator tells me, that I have older version, than is recent one. Is it a good idea to update Clover boot loader or should I leave the one which was installed during creation of My Hackintosh?

If your advice is to regularly update, is it a good way to update Clover boot loader just by clicking update in Clover Configurator or should I proceed in other way? I have dual boot with Windows 10 and everything works well now, so I don't want to mess things up :)

Snímek obrazovky 2017-06-16 v 16.47.15.png

Thanks!

Hello,

Clover Configurator tells me, that I have older version, than is recent one. Is it a good idea to update Clover boot loader or should I leave the one which was installed during creation of My Hackintosh?

If your advice is to regularly update, is it a good way to update Clover boot loader just by clicking update in Clover Configurator or should I proceed in other way? I have dual boot with Windows 10 and everything works well now, so I don't want to mess things up :)

View attachment 261621

Thanks!
don't fix something that isn't broken :)

also you may need to update clover at a later date for some mac updates

also wouldn't recommend using clover configurator to update it, I would download clover from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

don't fix something that isn't broken :)

also you may need to update clover at a later date for some mac updates

also wouldn't recommend using clover configurator to update it, I would download clover from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

OK, what is the procerdure to update Clover downloading the recent version directly from source forge.net? Do I just mount EFI partition and copy new files? Does the theme, menu etc. in Clover boot remains untouched? Just asking in case of need to update it before High Sierra.

OK, what is the procerdure to update Clover downloading the recent version directly from source forge.net? Do I just mount EFI partition and copy new files? Does the theme, menu etc. in Clover boot remains untouched? Just asking in case of need to update it before High Sierra.
make a backup of your current EFI

download from sourceforge, install, choose customise and make sure settings are ok, then install

having efi mounted or not shouldn't make a difference

make a backup of your current EFI

download from sourceforge, install, choose customise and make sure settings are ok, then install

having efi mounted or not shouldn't make a difference

Under customize how do I know what settings are ok for me, I used the Multibeast High Sierra method and only added my audio (UEFI method). Sorry for the noob question but still leaning.

Under customize how do I know what settings are ok for me, I used the Multibeast High Sierra method and only added my audio (UEFI method). Sorry for the noob question but still leaning.
what you have already done in multibeast should be fine if it is all running ok

****, I just updated using the clover configurator and then ran the combo updater for 10.13.4. On the 10.13.4 update page it said you could update either way. The update went smoothly, do I just download & run RehabMan clover and let it do its stuff.

I noticed after the update I have three folders in the "EFI-Backups", is this normal or me not updating the clover Bootloader properly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 2.11.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 2.11.27 PM.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back