Contribute
Register

Do i need ssdt for i7 2600 sandy bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8z68 Deluxe,El Capitan 10.11.3
CPU
i7 2600 3.4 GHz
Graphics
AMD HD 6670 Sapphire
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,do i need ssdt for i7 sandy bridge on asus p8z68 deluxe and osx el capitan?.....i'm with clover in uefi boot mode and i have not installed nullcpupower....
i've speed steps didable in bios altrought kp at boot......

my smbios is imac 12,2....(default in clover)

....and do i neds "ssdt i7" from multibeast?

Many thank !!!

Hi,do i need ssdt for i7 sandy bridge on asus p8z68 deluxe and osx el capitan?.....i'm with clover in uefi boot mode and i have not installed nullcpupower....
i've speed steps didable in bios altrought kp at boot......

my smbios is imac 12,2....(default in clover)

....and do i neds "ssdt i7" from multibeast?

Many thank !!!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/177456-quick-guide-generate-ssdt-cpu-power-management.html

You probably also need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AsusAICPUPM=true

hi and thank you!!....

you wrote :

''You probably also need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AsusAICPUPM=true''

what benefit do I get?

in attachments my .plist kernel....

Attachments

• Schermata 2016-01-13 alle 17.12.04.png
    Schermata 2016-01-13 alle 17.12.04.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 293
hi and thank you!!....

you wrote :

''You probably also need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AsusAICPUPM=true''

what benefit do I get?

Most ASUS boards have locked CPU MSR 0xE2. The patch avoids the panic that results from locked MSR 0xE2.

do you read my .plist?....is kext... true by default?

In theory, Clover will automatically enable AsusAICPUPM if it detects locked MSR 0xE2. No idea if the feature actually works.

Not sure what you mean by 'true by default?'

In theory, Clover will automatically enable AsusAICPUPM if it detects locked MSR 0xE2. No idea if the feature actually works.

Not sure what you mean by 'true by default?'

Hi RehabMan,without SSDT i've this in attachments......i do need?

thank you!!

Attachments

• Schermata 2016-01-14 alle 15.23.03.png
    Schermata 2016-01-14 alle 15.23.03.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 320
Hi RehabMan,without SSDT i've this in attachments......i do need?

thank you!!

I cannot tell with that output. The only way to check for CPU PM being correctly implemented is to look at ioreg and EFI/Clover.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

I cannot tell with that output. The only way to check for CPU PM being correctly implemented is to look at ioreg and EFI/Clover.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

This is my ioregistry!!......Note that I launched it ''after'' i've create and installed and reboot , SSDT with Piker Alpha's guide!!!

....Now i can boot with speed steps ''enabled'' in bios!!!

Attachments

• iMac di Ale.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 222
This is my ioregistry!!......Note that I launched it ''after'' i've create and installed and reboot , SSDT with Piker Alpha's guide!!!

....Now i can boot with speed steps ''enabled'' in bios!!!

The ioreg looks fine regarding native CPU PM.

Note: SSDT is loading...
Code:
6:016  0:000  Inserting SSDT.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back