Contribute
Register

Do I need new DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bet!

Yeah AMD cards hate the older chipsets, for some reason. WEG doesn't work, so you have to use the old methods, and nobody remembers how they work anymore! :)

I remember a lot of the old school stuff, but with the AMD graphics cards on older systems I don’t think that there’s a fix. Set up my first Hackintosh in 2010. A lot has changed.

Gonna give it a try. Got a bootable clone and gonna try the upgrade route first. Gotta wait till I get some projects done. May be a couple of days.

I remember a lot of the old school stuff, but with the AMD graphics cards on older systems I don’t think that there’s a fix. Set up my first Hackintosh in 2010. A lot has changed.
You can use AMD cards on LGA 775 motherboards on MacOS Mojave and Catalina. You just need kexts for SSE 4.2 emulation for CPUs that do not support it. Check these posts 1 and 2. You can also check this post about telemetrap.kext which supposedly prevent com.apple.telemetry.plugin from executing. So everytime you make updates or fresh install you don't have delete or replace com.apple.telemetry.plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back