Contribute
Register

Do I have to use "CStates/PStates=true" if I have extracted/patched my SSDT's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi there!

Do I have to use "CStates/PStates=true" if I have extracted/patched my SSDT's? I'm a bit confused...

Finally, keep in mind you cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM SSDTs that they replace. The easiest way is to use DropSSDT=Yes (Chameleon) or ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true (Clover) to drop all the SSDTs, then provide the patched (and unpatched) files for loading by the bootloader.

meaning:

- set GenerateCStates=No
- set GeneratePStates=No

- add DropSSDT=Yes

Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

Hi there!

Do I have to use "CStates/PStates=true" if I have extracted/patched my SSDT's? I'm a bit confused...

Need more information. Dont know what hardware you have. Is this relating the build in you're signature?

Need more information. Dont know what hardware you have. Is this relating the build in you're signature?

No, general question. Just want to know more... I saw some contradiction in RehabMan's instructions (or I simply didn't get it) and I would love to get some clarification. So, do I have to use "CStates/PStates=true" if I've extracted/patched my SSDT and I plan to use them?

No, general question. Just want to know more... I saw some contradiction in RehabMan's instructions (or I simply didn't get it) and I would love to get some clarification. So, do I have to use "CStates/PStates=true" if I've extracted/patched my SSDT and I plan to use them?

Most newer hardware doesn't really require it. My builds here and hack book isn't using Generate P & C states. But for example Core 2 CPUs it does require it.

Most newer hardware doesn't really require it. My builds here and hack book isn't using Generate P & C states. But for example Core 2 CPUs it does require it.

Even if I have SSDT patched?

CStates/PStates=true will generate P/C states, but I've provided SSDTs/DSDT for Power Management so do I really need to set CStates/PStates=true (let's say for older systems) ?

And what if CPU related SSDT have caused errors and therefore I didn't include it in patched folder. Do I have use DropOEM=YES, CStates/PStates=true ?

Thank you!

Do I have to use "CStates/PStates=true" if I have extracted/patched my SSDT's
No.
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/YES: Clover generates CPU PM tables, do not use with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdts
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/NO: Clover does not generate CPU PM tables, use with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdts

config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem/YES: 10.12.1+, likely to cause a ApplePlatformExpert.kext KP; do not use
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem/NO: recommended

config.plist/ACPI/DropTables/SSDT/Cpu0Ist: use when native ACPI and patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt includes Cpu0Ist table
config.plist/ACPI/DropTables/SSDT/CpuPm use when native ACPI and patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt includes CpuPm table

Summary:
1. do not use Generate/YES, with with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt
2. do not use DropOem/YES, use DropTables with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt
3. working native CPU PM unlikely with only patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt; several other conditions must be satisfied.

Last edited:
No.
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/YES: Clover generates CPU PM tables, do not use with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdts
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/NO: Clover does not generate CPU PM tables, use with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdts

config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem/YES: 10.12.1+, likely to cause a ApplePlatformExpert.kext KP; do not use
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem/NO: recommended

config.plist/ACPI/DropTables/SSDT/Cpu0Ist: use when native ACPI and patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt includes Cpu0Ist table
config.plist/ACPI/DropTables/SSDT/CpuPm use when native ACPI and patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt includes CpuPm table

Summary:
1. do not use Generate/YES, with with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt
2. do not use DropOem/YES, use DropTables with patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt
3. working native CPU PM unlikely with only patched or ssdtPRGen ssdt; several other conditions must be satisfied.

OMG! Thank you SO MUCH! You totally saved my day!

P.S. can I dare to ask another wander-question in this topic? How to create my own config.plist file? Clover's default one is useless, RehabMan has some very useful config files but they are not for every system. They are HD3000+... and what if I have HD2000?

Thank you again! Have a nice day! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back