Graphics
MSI gtx 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I'm building an ivy bridge desktop soon which supposedly makes it very cumbersome to install snow leopard (and I only got the snow leopard disk and not the lion thumb drive). I was wondering if it's possible to skip installing snow leopard and just straight install mountain lion. My parents have a macintosh that I can buy mountain lion on and the unibeast stuff.

As long as bought ML you can install up to 5 computers if you originally purchased the Leopard/Snow Leopard family pack.

If you want to install in succession (upgrade) you have to install Lion from a Snow Leopard install then ML from a Lion Install. That is how Apple wants you to do it.

You can install the Full version of ML as along as you install on a formated drive. Same with Lion you can do a clean install as well. So if you have Lion and want to upgrade to ML no problem. You cannot upgrade from Snow Leopard to ML it won't work.

The best way to install is the Unibeast/Flash Drive method you will find from the resource/downloads page!!

No, after creating the Unibeast installer on SL/L/ML you can install ML as a fresh install on your machine. The Unibeast guide mentions this.

No, after creating the Unibeast installer on SL/L/ML you can install ML as a fresh install on your machine. The Unibeast guide mentions this.

EDIT: NVM, silly me. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back