CPU
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHZ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, just curious is their any dangers (Hardware wise) in running a Hackintosh? I feel like if I do something wrong, it could break my computer somehow. The reason I ask this is I decided to turn my gaming pc into a hackintosh today, well duel boot Windows for gaming on 1 hdd and and Mac OS on the other hdd for nothing but Music producing but I'm kind of freaked out that it's going to wreck something on my new computer.. Would I be better just duel booting Windows 7 for Music and learning a new Daw instead of risking it?

My Specs
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GH
8 Gb DDR4 Ram (Upgrading that to 16 or 32gb in near future)
250GB SSD and 1TB Harddrive
Nvidia GTX 1070 OC
Gigabyte H270-HD3 motherboard

Now believe it or not that setup cost me a lot of money, well, to me anyway (Just the graphics card was $800 Nzd) so I think you guys can understand why it worries me. I really wouldn't want to stuff the mother board or frie my graphics card or something.. Thanks in advance

I've never heard of hackintoshing "breaking" any systems. You have nothing to worry about. And, yes, your hardware looks well suited for hackintoshing.

Hi everyone, just curious is their any dangers (Hardware wise) in running a Hackintosh? I feel like if I do something wrong, it could break my computer somehow. The reason I ask this is I decided to turn my gaming pc into a hackintosh today, well dual boot Windows for gaming on 1 hdd and and Mac OS on the other hdd for nothing but Music producing but I'm kind of freaked out that it's going to wreck something on my new computer.. Would I be better just dual booting Windows 7 for Music and learning a new Daw instead of risking it?

My Specs
Nvidia GTX 1070 OC

Now believe it or not that setup cost me a lot of money, well, to me anyway (Just the graphics card was $800 Nzd) so I think you guys can understand why it worries me. I really wouldn't want to stuff the motherboard or fry my graphics card or something.. Thanks in advance.

I can understand why you are worried when venturing into the unknown. But rest assured, there is nothing to worry about.

If you do not want to "risk" your primary system at this point, is there a second system you can run MacOS on to try it on?

Hi everyone, just curious is their any dangers (Hardware wise) in running a Hackintosh? I feel like if I do something wrong, it could break my computer somehow. The reason I ask this is I decided to turn my gaming pc into a hackintosh today, well duel boot Windows for gaming on 1 hdd and and Mac OS on the other hdd for nothing but Music producing but I'm kind of freaked out that it's going to wreck something on my new computer.. Would I be better just duel booting Windows 7 for Music and learning a new Daw instead of risking it?

My Specs
Nvidia GTX 1070 OC

Now believe it or not that setup cost me a lot of money, well, to me anyway (Just the graphics card was $800 Nzd) so I think you guys can understand why it worries me. I really wouldn't want to stuff the mother board or frie my graphics card or something.. Thanks in advance

Hackintosh is just a Operating System. Operating System doesn't damage the Hardware. My desktop has been running OS X for 5 Years no damaged hardware yet.

Software does not cause damage to hardware usually, as alluded to above. I only recall 2 instances of that happening; one many years ago with a defective intel CPU and a piece of dangerous software, and one more recently with a particular model iMac.

Your hardware looks absolutely fine and should make for a very nice build :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back