Contribute
Register

DNK-H - nice slim ITX case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to very much, but with the apparent demise of the Thin-ITX formfactor, it hasn't made a lot of sense.
Until of course a few companies started showing off their new H310 Thin-ITX board designs!
Asus PRIME H310T
ASRock IMB-1212
and supposedly Gigabyte is launching one as well, although I haven't found any direct references to it.

I have built my CustoMac with this case, back in 2016 with the ASUS H110T motherboard and i3-6100 CPU. Everything is working fine, even though you can hear the low profile stock fan working every time there is a CPU process demanding more power...

Would like to very much, but with the apparent demise of the Thin-ITX formfactor, it hasn't made a lot of sense.
Until of course a few companies started showing off their new H310 Thin-ITX board designs!
Asus PRIME H310T
ASRock IMB-1212
and supposedly Gigabyte is launching one as well, although I haven't found any direct references to it.

I would like to update the system to an 8th Generation Intel CPU, likely i3, maybe i5. Does anyone know if ASUS Prime H310T fits normally in to the case?

I have built 3 machines using this case, one for myself and 2 for others. 2 were rose gold anodized and one plastic. My rose Gold serves as a htpc next to my 4k TCL tv when I need a computer TV source. They are great as long as extreme loads on cpu are not a factor. LOW TDP processor is a great choice. Thin ITX availability is a problem. The new LUNA Prime was temporarily scrapped would be a better choice, if it ever gets off the ground. This company makes a higher end better choice unless you want to go to itx and they have options for that form factor, as well: https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-h1-s-fanless-computer-case.html

Update: Luna Prime is available now, and has been, for some time. I just purchased and in the process of building as we speak 5/22/2019. Neilhart has one as well, I don't believe he has completed his build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back