Contribute
Register

djfreak121's First Build: Core i3-3225 - GA-B75M-D3P - 8GB RAM - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimera is the default bootloader. See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document for the default loads for "Easybeast" and "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation." :thumbup:

Sorry for my late reply but my job is killing me.... :p Stork is right, Chimera is the default boot loader, and it is a part of the Easy Beast option, so you don't have to select it separately. For the installation, i would start with a fresh 10.8 install and then update it to 10.8.3

Thank you for the help guys.

I completed my build but i'm not stuck on booting osx. I've followed the instructions from this thread and everything goes fine until I install the drivers from multibeast, as soon as i reboot i get this screen. I'm using onboard graphics.

photo.JPG
Any suggestions?

cheers

This should not happen if you did everything right.....but you could edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Chameleon Wizard and try to force the native resolution of your display,perhaps it is just a resolution issue. if not then report back and we will try to solve your problem.

I hooked it up to a hdmi monitor and it works fine. Would like to get it working on dvi, I have a suspicion it maybe a faulty cable. I'll report back when I get hold of a new one.

I'm also having trouble waking from sleep, it just doesn't seem to want too. Any ideas there?

Cheers

In post #25 you can find my org.chameleon.plist, give it a try with that....if it does not work then i have really no idea because on my hack sleep was working out of the box just fine.

I managed to get sleeping working. Turns out it was my DVD drive preventing it from waking again. I replugged it into a GSata port and now it works fine.

Thanks for the help.

photo-3.jpg

I stole this photo from earlier in the thread. I'm using the DVI connection and it seems like on almost every reboot I get this look on my screen. I unplug and replug which does fix the issue but I am wondering if there is something else I can do to make it not happen anymore. Any thoughts?

Also, thanks for your build guide. I finally got my hack up and running (sans the display issue)

Honestly i did not seen or had this issue, and i really don't have any idea how to fix it :/ I will look around a bit and if i find something i will report back....

I used Moarfish's solution for distorted graphics

"If you got distorted graphics when booting into the desktop, try adding
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
into your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file inside the Extra Folder."

The issue I have now is I can't get my hack to boot with the HDMI cable plugged in. If I unplug it the machine will boot and then I plug it in and the HDMI output works fine. Any thought on that? I added the EFI string you posted earlier.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back