Contribute
Register

djfreak121's First Build: Core i3-3225 - GA-B75M-D3P - 8GB RAM - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bro! Don't worry I think you'll hear from me since we have basically the same hardware. Thanks again!

Hey there. I'm working on my first build and will probably use this board as well. Here's my thread.

A quick question: can you confirm that the Marvell 88SE9172 Sata 3 ports are actually running at Sata 3 speeds? There's been some talk around the forum that the chip isn't properly recognized and may run only as an unknown 3rd party chip at Sata 1 speeds. If it's actually recognized and fully functioning, I'll definitely go with this board. Thanks!

I think these two pictures will perfectly answer your question :)

Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 1.56.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-01-14 at 1.56.36 PM.png

Very nice! Thanks for answering. This board sounds like an all-around winner.

Hi,

I'm also interested in the B75M-D3P. In combination with an i3 3225 & a Crucial M4 128GB. Before I order the components I have a few questions. Last week I've installed (my first hackintosh) OS X 10.8.2 on my current server with MSI H55M-E33 & i3 540 but it didn't worked 100%. The intel hd graphics, power management and sleep didn't work. Therefore I'm going to replace these parts. This hackintosh build will replace my current server. Most of my question are related to the fact that my server will be running 24/7. Maybe some are answered but I want to be certain.

• Is power management working?
  • Is (auto)sleep and wake working?
  • Is downspinning of hdd(s) working?
  • All the ram in the customac is Corsair Vengeance. Is there a reason for that or can I use any brand/type of ram? I'm planning to use this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006YG9EEW/ because it is faster and cheaper.
  • I'm also interested in the power consumption (watt). Maybe someone with the same mobo, cpu and a ssd can give me an indication of the power consumption in idle and sleep.
  • Does the DisplayPort work? (Not that I'm going to use it, but I'm curious :D)

Thanks

Hi. about the power consumption i really can not give you any detailed information, because i have never measured it and i dont own a device for it.

To answer your other questions:

• Power management working out of the box.
  • Sleep works perfect, auto sleep works only with PleaseSleep App.
  • I have the option for "put hdd to sleep when possible" checked, but i have never paid attention to it does it work.
  • I use Kingstone HyperX ram, i don't think that the manufacture of the ram is relevant, but i do prefer Corsair or Kingstone.
  • I have never used the Display Port because i do not have a proper device to test it with, but it should be working. DVI and HDMI work without any problems.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

It's unfortunate you have to use a third party app to get autosleep working, does every gigabyte motherbord have this issue? But it works and that is nice. You're answers where very helpful :thumbup:. I think I'm going to order the bord today.

I dont know for the other boards, but in my case with the GA-B75M-D3P AutoSleep wont work, except wit PleaseSleep App, perhaps there is some method to solve this without it, but if there is i don't know it. For me the board is a 100% goal, because i need the optical S/PDIF, the price is OK, it has 1xSATA3 and 5xSATA2 on the Intel Controller and 2xSATA3 on the Marvell Controller, it has 8xUSB2 and 4xUSB3, it has DVI, HDMI and DP, 2xPCI Express for graphics, one PCI Express for add-on cards and a simple PCI and it has 2xSerial Port if someone needs it. So in one word, it has EVERYTHING :) Glad to help you. Good luck with your build. :)

I was having problems getting this board to boot with an MSI 660 Ti graphics card. It would get past the Apple logo and then hang with a white screen. it would boot fine from the built in Intel 4000 DVI port. I got it to boot from the GTX 660 Ti after changing graphicsenabler=no and more importantly changing the system definition to iMac 12,2. Hope this helps someone

Hello I have GA B75M D3P too. Everything working find. Accepted HDMI audio:banghead:. I try to connect with my TV. I use only on board HD4000. I tried many methods never work:cry:. Does anyone make it work ? Please tell your secret. If you have VDO will be excellent. Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back