Contribute
Register

djfreak121's First Build: Core i3-3225 - GA-B75M-D3P - 8GB RAM - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
(...) For example: my i3-3225 consumes 55W and i can manually limit it to 44W(...)

That was EXCACTLY what I wanted to know about, thank you. :D

Short question, is it a uefi option simply about cpu volting (+/- 0,001 or something like that?). I couldn't find a review about that boards set of power options anywhere before ordering one, only to figure out that there's no power saving option at all...so that's really helpful.

By the way, 11W is a LOTTA lot!

What are your setting for your i3, if I may ask? :3

I don't think you can write a script for it, and if you could i think it won't solve the problem because you have to physically disconnect the display and reconnect it. but the good news is that it is not happening to often....i did not had any problems for the last 2 weeks and i am using it in dual display mode all the time and every day. :)

I can also refresh the screen by simply turning off and turning on the display... But everytime I boot I must do this, It actually is annoying. Just looking for a seamless fix.

I can also refresh the screen by simply turning off and turning on the display... But everytime I boot I must do this, It actually is annoying. Just looking for a seamless fix.

I got things to work by changing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Extra folder to how it is in this post: #2

Thanks for the help guys. Now to create a carbon copy of my HD!!

I use my i3 on default settings....and that is: 55W with 33x multiplier and the OS X will manage the multiplier as needed. i have a CoolerMaster PSU with 410W power,and run it day and night :p

Have you tried putting this in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Set your graphics mode to whatever your monitor is.

Hi! I have the same board and same processor as you. Also use the built-in HD4000 graphics. My problem is that after I updated to 10.8.2, I can't boot unless I boot into safe mode.

The same picture as that of H. Guerrero shows up. I hook up my monitor via DVI. What can I do to fix this? I tried rolling back ACPIPlatform.kext to no avail. Thanks!

How did you updated ti 10.8.2, via the AppStore ore did you downloaded the Combo Update from the Apple website?

If you have downloaded the combo update, and did not run Multibeast before the restart, then probably that's the problem. After you install the combo update you must run Multibeast and install the Audio drivers again, and then restart.

Did you tried booting in verbose mode? Do you get a kernel panic?

Before I downloaded the Combo Update from the Apple website.

I got it working now though. I added the Graphics Mode and Resolution to my org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back