i9-9900KS
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Having just put together my new Hack (i9 9900KS, Z390 Designare) I'm wanting to use the on-board UHD 630 graphics, however only the HDMI port is working not the DisplayPort, I followed @blouse's install and it got me to a fully installed MacOS experience, just like my previous Hackintosh, only no DisplayPort so I'm stuck with poor resolutions on a 4K display :cry:. Something is obviously not 100% because it is identifying my display as 30.5" when it is only 28". I'm guessing the 1080p resolution is due to the HDMI.

I also can't get even the BIOS to display through the DP. I've tried 2 different cables as well.

I will attach my EFI folder if anyone has any ideas,

Many thanks,
Ben
Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 21.35.59.png
Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 21.49.21.png

Attachments

• Z390 9900KS EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 111
I have the same problem. I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX680 2 GB in my Mac Pro 5.1 from 2012, but no working displayport in Catalina. HDMI works but with slow 30 Hz. I have changed displayport-cable with no result. I guess the computer is too old or the videocard isn’t optimal. A change of computer is getting closer, but to what? The new Mac Pro costs 5 999 US Dollars (71 995 SEK), like a car...

Thank you for your answer! This can be read on dosdudes homepage about AMD-cards and Catalina:

’’AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5xxx and 6xxx series graphics acceleration: Currently, it is not possible to achieve full graphics acceleration under Catalina on any machines that use a Radeon HD 5xxx or 6xxx series GPU. If you have a machine with one of these GPUs installed, I'd advise upgrading it if possible (can be done in 2010/2011 iMacs, iMac11,x-12,x), disabling the dedicated GPU if using a 2011 15" or 17" MacBook Pro (MacBookPro8,2/8,3, instructions to do so can be found here), or not installing Catalina. Running Catalina without full graphics acceleration will result in extremely poor system performance.’’

I have now moved the SSD with Catalina to an SSD pci-e-adapter and it now runs with 550 Mb/s instead of half the speed in the ordinary HDD-bay. The performance is better but still no DP. (I have another SSD with Mojave which is my stat up-disc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back