Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> DisplayPort not working after Mojave Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't work for me, Tried everything.. .even purchased a new certified DisplayPort DP 1.2 compatible for 4k 60hz... but I never get this working. The display keeps flickering and turning off and then flicker on

Last edited:
Problem solved by Changing System Definitions from iMac 17,2 to Mac Pro 6,1, now all Screens are working fine. I tried several system definitions and Mac Pro 6,1 works best. Screenshots of Clover Configurator below.

View attachment 362505 View attachment 362506
What is the best way to go about changing the system definition? Earlier I did it with Multibeast but I can't find that for Catalina anywhere.

Edit: Found the small dropdown button in the Clover Configurator SMBIOS menu.
Is there anything I should be aware of or other pitfalls when changing this system definition?
Also my graphics setting is kinda weird. Rom revision says xxx-xxx-xxx. What frame buffer profile should I choose for my 5700 XT?
Sorry for my noobness.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 13.31.36.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 13.31.36.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Problem solved by Changing System Definitions from iMac 17,2 to Mac Pro 6,1, now all Screens are working fine. I tried several system definitions and Mac Pro 6,1 works best. Screenshots of Clover Configurator below.

Thank you so much! It worked for me as well. I am using ASUS Strix Radeon RX 580 on Catalina 10.15.3 - only the 2x HDMI + DVI was working. The 2x Displayport was not working. After changing to MacPro 6,1 they were working fine. I used this guide to change my SMBIOS: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/page-5

Now I can attach a total of 5 screens to my GPU. HOORAAYYY :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back