Contribute
Register

[Solved] Display won't wake after sleep - macOS Sierra post install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!!

After several deep sleeps and confirming overnight, darkwake=0 solved the issue. I swear I tried this before without success, so I just wanted to list out the steps I took and my configuration to hopefully help others.

• Setup: Using 2 displays through DVI connection
  • Clover configurator:
    • Set darkwake=0
    • Using NvidiaWeb=1 (new method in Sierra)
  • Restart
  • In Clover, press space bar and select option to load without caches
  • Test forcing sleep through Apple menu
Wakes with Apple TrackPad and keyboard.

Thanks sunnyj for the help!

Just to add to this thread, darkwake=0 worked for me as well. I had no issues with sleep on El Capitan with this build, but after upgraded to 10.12.1 I ran into the problem where the display didn't come back to life after sleep.

After changing to darkwake=0 this morning, I was able to successfully sleep/wake the system.

Same problem updating to Sierra, now working with
  • Set darkwake=0

Thanks!

Just wanted to report my success with darkwake=0 as well. As a bonus, it also fixed the other issue I was having, namely that when I shutdown the system immediately restarts.

Thank you sunnyj and ShamanGreeny!

My setup:
Motherboard: GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
Graphics Card: GTX 950 (Gigabyte GV-N950OC-2GD)
CPU: i7 6700k

I have a single Dell P2715Q monitor. The graphics card is connected to the monitor with a DP to mini-DP cable (DP end into graphics card, mini-DP end into monitor). I also have the IOGear bluetooth usb dongle installed, since I've seen some people suggest that as a potential contributor to sleep issues.

Big thanks, I also have had success (Yeah!) with darkwake=0 and NvidiaWeb = true in my Clover config.plist. My Clover is at revision 3974, and as such doesn't offer the boot with no cache option?

For info, my Graphics Card is a Nvidia GTX 960 connected via Displayport to a Dell P2415Q monitor at 3840x2160 (4k) resolution. I'm using a GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP M/B using a i7-3770 with 32GB RAM.

Big thanks, I also have had success (Yeah!) with darkwake=0 and NvidiaWeb = true in my Clover config.plist. My Clover is at revision 3974, and as such doesn't offer the boot with no cache option?

Yes thanks much. This seemed to work for my FirstHack build with GTX 950. Before I added darkwake=0 via the CloverConfigurator I couldn't get my display to wake. I do have to wake it using the momentary press of the power button. But that's no big deal compared with not waking at all!

Thanks. Never understood why darkwake takes so many field choices, or why a choice of 0 affects anything. But not questioning my luck.

Try darkwake0. Sleep and wake is working for me now.
Funny was working fine from December build but after Samsung SSD failed I reinstalled fresh and migrated from backup and wake from sleep only successful from power button.

Must have fixed it in December.... Thanks simple fix but lesson learned write down all your install procedures just in case

Thanks again darkwake 0 was it for me...

Attachments

• System Parameters_NvidiaWeb.png
    System Parameters_NvidiaWeb.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 582
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back