Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi,

Im having problems with my display(Desktop 1). I just installed Sierra and installed the Nvidia web drivers.

If I use nv_disable=1 I get Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 0 MB in about this Mac.
If I use nvda_drv=1 I get a garbled display(see picture below).

If I hold power button for a few seconds and press enter the PC shuts down as normal with the garbled display. So I know it's at the desktop.

I've also tried setting inject nvidia to false but same problems.

I've attached my config.plist as well.

Thanks
DSC_4650.JPG

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
It would have been good if you had posted config.plist after editing it as the Moderator had recommended. What cable interface you have used to connect the nVidia Video card to the Monitor? Are both ends of the cable secure? I'm just thinking aloud as to what else could cause a garbled monitor screen display with a properly installed Video card, given the proper kext and configured correctly in the config.plist!

It would have been good if you had posted config.plist after editing it as the Moderator had recommended. What cable interface you have used to connect the nVidia Video card to the Monitor? Are both ends of the cable secure? I'm just thinking aloud as to what else could cause a garbled monitor screen display with a properly installed Video card, given the proper kext and configured correctly in the config.plist!

I managed to find a VGA cable and it works fine using VGA but HDMI still garbled display.

Updated config.plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 208
How did you manage to use a VGA monitor to display in macOS Sierra using nVidia GPU? Just with a VGA-to VGA cable? Without any software tweaks? Never heard before. That's neat!

How did you manage to use a VGA monitor to display in macOS Sierra using nVidia GPU? Just with a VGA-to VGA cable? Without any software tweaks? Never heard before. That's neat!
I forgot to mention that I was using a dvi to vga adapter. Without any software tweaks.

I could also see the full 4096 vram in about this Mac.

I forgot to mention that I was using a dvi to vga adapter. Without any software tweaks.

I could also see the full 4096 vram in about this Mac.

Thank you for your response. That is the "hardware" answer to the problem that may require a very complicated software tweak both of which being not as good as a direct DVI to DVI or HDMI to HDMI connection.

I am glad it worked out well for you. With LCD Computer monitors and smart TVs in diffent sizes with multiple different input ports and complex video and audio cables we can often find a way out of tight spots.:)

Thank you for your response. That is the "hardware" answer to the problem that may require a very complicated software tweak both of which being not as good as a direct DVI to DVI or HDMI to HDMI connection.

I am glad it worked out well for you. With LCD Computer monitors and smart TVs in diffent sizes with multiple different input ports and complex video and audio cables we can often find a way out of tight spots.:)

I still can't get a picture using HDMI. I'm still getting a garbled display. My display is working properly using VGA with DVI adapter but picture quality is poor. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back