Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi,

My Laptop is the dell xps 15 9550 model with the Skylake 6700k processor and the intel HD 530 integrated graphics. I've installed El Capitan successfully dual booting with windows 10 and clover but I have 1 problem. Everytime I boot it boots to a dim flickering display. I have to press the brightness button on laptop to get display back to normal.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Moved to Laptop Support.

Hi,

My Laptop is the dell xps 15 9550 model with the Skylake 6700k processor and the intel HD 530 integrated graphics. I've installed El Capitan successfully dual booting with windows 10 and clover but I have 1 problem. Everytime I boot it boots to a dim flickering display. I have to press the brightness button on laptop to get display back to normal.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Did you implement backlight control?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did this but I seem to be missing acpibacklight.kext. Where can I download this?

I've looked in /system/library/extensions/

ACPIBacklight.kext not recommended. IntelBacklight.kext + "Brightness Fix" is the recommendation.

Both kexts are linked from the guide.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

ACPIBacklight.kext not recommended. IntelBacklight.kext + "Brightness Fix" is the recommendation.

Both kexts are linked from the guide.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I fixed it but have a minor problem while booting. Please see screenshot.

Attachments

• DSC_4624.JPG
    DSC_4624.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back