Contribute
Register

Display Preferences Pane Not loading in Sierra (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the problem is related with the EDID.
You can get rid of the issue with this procedure (credits to a1k0n).
“Run DarwinDumper and generate EDID.bin
Next step is to open FixEDID.app and add under "Open EDID binary file" your EDID.bin dump.
From drop down menu I choose "Apple MacBook Air Display (16:9).
DisplayClass -> AppleBacklightDisplay and Override Display Class -> AppleBacklightDisplay.
Hit the Make Button and there are 3 files on desktop.
Install DisplayMergeNub.kext with EasyKext Pro.app and reboot.”

I'm pretty sure we can come up with a much simpler (and safer) setup to fix this... (eg. patch EDID as required).

Glad to ear it

As I said before, Clover is injecting EDID even though it is not selected in the config.plist. Not sure if that's how it should be.
But when AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is not loaded you can access the Display.prefpane

As I said before, Clover is injecting EDID even though it is not selected in the config.plist. Not sure if that's how it should be.

Probably because you did not set config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=false.
Some versions of Clover (bug) have the default for this setting as true.

But when AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is not loaded you can access the Display.prefpane

Of course... in that scenario, you're using completely different display drivers.

Probably because you did not set config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=false.
Some versions of Clover (bug) have the default for this setting as true.

Of course... in that scenario, you're using completely different display drivers.

It was always set to False. So Clover bug/ setting.
And the EDID injection fix through DisplayMergeNub.kext does work.

I've never used it, but I suspect it generates a fixed EDID or more likely patches your existing EDID.
For what is worth, from what I’ve understood, it is not only generating a fixed id, but it is faking it as an Apple monitor, that’s what Sierra is searching for.

For what is worth, from what I’ve understood, it is not only generating a fixed id, but it is faking it as an Apple monitor, that’s what Sierra is searching for.

As I alluded to in post #8
Thanks for your help.

It was always set to False. So Clover bug/ setting.
And the EDID injection fix through DisplayMergeNub.kext does work.

You can inject a custom EDID with InjectEDID=true and CustomEDID.

Attachments

• DisplayMergeNub.kext.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 101
I tried custom injection. No dice

Attach ioreg and config.plist.

See kext attached.

This kext is doing more than just injecting EDID. It is also pointing to a custom display override file, and changing IODisplayConnectFlags.

And maybe more... may have to find the source for DisplayMergeNub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back