Contribute
Register

Display port not working properly but HDMI does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
I am building a new Hackintosh (Asus Maximus IX, 7700k, 64GB 3000 MHz RAM, 1080ti). The whole system runs smoothly (audio works, nVidia enabled, benchmarks seems fine but I am getting problems of using my display port.

I will connect a Benq PT3201 PT (4k) to my Hackintosh via a mini display port (the screen) to a display port on the 1080ti. The screen works perfectly in BIOS but post-bios the screen is black. Completely black. If I connect my screen via HDMI it works but then I will be stuck at 30Hz refresh rate for the screen.

Any thoughts of what could be the problem? Might it be something with the power savings settings?

I'm having the same issue with my 1060 FTW+ and am having a hard time finding a solution. I've been stuck at this point for about a week now and haven't been able to figure it out. I have three monitors setup with my Hackintosh and only the HDMI port will recognize anything, two of my other monitors are DVI plugged into the Display Ports via adapters and they read "No Signal" as if they are not plugged in.

maybe a cable compatibility issue? I once was trying DP for the first time and bought an off the shelf DP cable, it never worked, then again tried with a different brand and again same issue. Eventually one day I saw the monitor came equipped with a DP cable in the box and hooked it up right away and it worked. I assumed it was something to do backwards compatibility of DP cable version. Over hackintosh I use the same cable with my GTX 1070, but once I tried enabling the iGPU to check its performance and again there was no output from the mobo iGPU, so I am assuming my dGPU and iGPU ports are on different versions of DP hence no signal on one of them. People have mentioned to disable the DP version 1.2 in monitor and it has worked for them, my monitor doesn't have that function, so if you have it in yours do try that. And from the looks of it I think if you disable 1.2 or enable 1.4 you might get the signal.

I believe my problem had to do with my DVI to DisplayPort adapters. They were super cheap and when I plugged the monitors into my old DualHead2Go box they worked fine. I still haven't bought any new DVI to DisplayPort adapters yet to try out but I think that was the main issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this but I believe it has to do with the DisplayPort version of the cable? Only the newest version is supported?

I believe my problem had to do with my DVI to DisplayPort adapters. They were super cheap and when I plugged the monitors into my old DualHead2Go box they worked fine. I still haven't bought any new DVI to DisplayPort adapters yet to try out but I think that was the main issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this but I believe it has to do with the DisplayPort version of the cable? Only the newest version is supported?
It was something ridiculously obvious but also not. The display needed to be cycled - so I unplugged it for a minute and now it works. Geez.

It was something ridiculously obvious but also not. The display needed to be cycled - so I unplugged it for a minute and now it works. Geez.

Geez is right. Thanks for the "duh" solution. Worked perfectly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back