CPU
i5-8600k - oc @ 4.6
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580 8GB
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey there! I am having some trouble with the MSI Armor RX580 8gb.

For some time, only 2 of the HDMI ports were working. After updating to iMac Pro 1,1 I was able to get a single DP port as well as 2 of the HDMI ports working.

For some reason however, the second DisplayPort input will not get any signal no matter what I do. All the other ports work fine (2xHDMI, 1xDP, 1xDVI) but that second DP port just won't recognize. I tried using different cables (DP-mDP) different monitors (I have dual setup, two different monitors, same result on each) so it is definitely that port that isn't getting a signal.

Here are my full specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code
CPU: Intel i5-8600k oc'd to 4.6ghz
RAM: 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8gb

Here are my clover settings for graphics:
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 4.40.11 PM.png

Boot clover settings:
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 4.41.04 PM.png

ACPI Clover settings:
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 4.41.38 PM.png

Clover Injected Kexts (here is where I have lilu and w/e green):
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 4.42.20 PM.png

L / E Kexts:
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 4.43.46 PM.png

I have CSM enabled in Bios - otherwise I was not able to get more than one monitor working (not sure why I need this backwards from what tons of other articles say, maybe something is up with my kexts?)

Thanks so much in advanced!

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey there! I am having some trouble with the MSI Armor RX580 8gb.

For some time, only 2 of the HDMI ports were working. After updating to iMac Pro 1,1 I was able to get a single DP port as well as 2 of the HDMI ports working.

For some reason however, the second DisplayPort input will not get any signal no matter what I do. All the other ports work fine (2xHDMI, 1xDP, 1xDVI) but that second DP port just won't recognize. I tried using different cables (DP-mDP) different monitors (I have dual setup, two different monitors, same result on each) so it is definitely that port that isn't getting a signal.

Here are my full specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code
CPU: Intel i5-8600k oc'd to 4.6ghz
RAM: 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8gb

Here are my clover settings for graphics: Boot clover settings: ACPI Clover settings:
Clover Injected Kexts (here is where I have lilu and w/e green): L / E Kexts:
I have CSM enabled in Bios - otherwise I was not able to get more than one monitor working (not sure why I need this backwards from what tons of other articles say, maybe something is up with my kexts?)

Thanks so much in advanced!
please use site attachments

also probably easier to zip and upload your clover folder

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Code
CPU
i5-8600k - oc @ 4.6
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580 8GB
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Feartech my apologies, was not aware that it was better to use the site attachments -- however I don't seem to be able to edit my initial post?

I have attached a zip of my clover folder from my efi, please let me know if there is anything else I can provide!

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Code
CPU
i5-8600k - oc @ 4.6
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580 8GB
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
SOLVED!

So after lots of tinkering around, I decided to check and see which kexts are being loaded, and turns out Whatevergreen was not getting injected at all! I followed the helpful guide on how to manually install kexts (in terminal vs clover) and now all is well! Have dual monitor support, boots with both monitors active, and no pink lines!

Motherboard
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i7-8770
Graphics
GTX 970 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
SOLVED!

So after lots of tinkering around, I decided to check and see which kexts are being loaded, and turns out Whatevergreen was not getting injected at all! I followed the helpful guide on how to manually install kexts (in terminal vs clover) and now all is well! Have dual monitor support, boots with both monitors active, and no pink lines!
Please can you explain what you did? I'm having the same problem, the second DisplayPort doesn't work when the driver are injected.
Thx