Graphics
hd6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

im all up ad running now, but, after restart or sleep wake, the output from the display port is black. HDMI is fine, but that doesn't give me the 1440 resolution I want.

now I am using a dell ultrasharpe and I've used my mini DP to DP cable form my MBP, but turned it the other way round. So the DP is in the hack. using HD530 GFX, and the mini end is in the dell monitor.

does it matter which way round you use those things?

if not as I imagine it is, has anyone got round this issue?

I have tried all the iMac definitions (all work by the way, in fact 17,1 seems more stable and a little quicker than 14,2 by the way)

its driving me nuts.

My understanding is that the HD 530 has wake from sleep issues. As far as I know, this has not been resolved.

When using HDMI, have you tried going to the Displays System Preference and holding the [Option] key while clicking the Scaled button?

weirdly, with HDMI it's perfectly well behaved, I mean not sleep obviously but everything else is fine.
the DP is odd. it'll be fine and then all of a sudden it will just start flashing on and off for no reason, the screen that is.

Can anyone recommend a graphics card which behaves with display port to 2160 x 1440 res dell ultrasharpe 27" please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back