Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Display Issues with Safari and Chrome in OpenCore Catalina Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-A
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
UHD 630 + K420
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi all
I have some issues in the right visualization of all displayed items in Safari and Chrome where
some software GUI doesn't show all the elements,... an so on.

I ran VDADecoderChecker that returned the following error:

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

I edited SMBIOS to iMac20,1, serial number, UUID, and so on, with Clover Configurator

Please see the config.plist and IORegistryExplorer in attach (unable to find IGPU@2 settings onto IORegistryExplorer - GFX0@2 is showed)

Could someone help me please?

thx in adv

[Process completed]

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 13.05.59.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 13.05.59.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Your /OC/config.plist shows you have the DeviceProperties for your IGPU set incorrectly.

<E39B0007> should be entered as <07009B3E>.

Also this is the AAPL,ig-platform-id, i.e. the IGPU Framebuffer, not the device-id and should be changed to the correct entry.

The device-id 0x3E91 isn't correct for your Comet Lake IGPU, that is a Coffee Lake IGPU device id.

The correct device-id for your IGPU is 0x9BC5 - https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...0700k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html - this is a natively supported IGPU device-id that tends to be used with a Headless/empty framebuffer, i.e. not used to drive a display as the discrete GPU undertakes most graphics processes.

This should be entered as <0000C59B>. You don't need to add the Intel Vendor id (0x8086), I am not sure you need to add the device-id.

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 15.09.55.png

Your /OC/config.plist shows you have the DeviceProperties for your IGPU set incorrectly.

<E39B0007> should be entered as <07009B3E>.

Also this is the AAPL,ig-platform-id, i.e. the IGPU Framebuffer, not the device-id and should be changed to the correct entry.

The device-id 0x3E91 isn't correct for your Comet Lake IGPU, that is a Coffee Lake IGPU device id.

The correct device-id for your IGPU is 0x9BC5 - https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...0700k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html - this is a natively supported IGPU device-id that tends to be used with a Headless/empty framebuffer, i.e. not used to drive a display as the discrete GPU undertakes most graphics processes.

This should be entered as <0000C59B>. You don't need to add the Intel Vendor id (0x8086), I am not sure you need to add the device-id.

View attachment 512810
hi :)

thx for your advice

I tried to set values exactly you said but it doesn't still work

the problem still remain the same...

I think the problem is to type the correct AAPL,ig-platform-id..

do you think that 00001259 may be the exact value?

Last edited:
No, that is most definitely not the correct value/Framebuffer for your Comet Lake UHD 630 IGPU. That is the framebuffer for a Kaby Lake IGPU.

Can you confirm which version of Catalina your system is running, as the Comet Lake IGPU's were not Supported before macOS Catalina 10.15.4.

Here is a list of all the Coffee Lake and Comet Lake framebuffers:

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 00.41.20.png Intel IGPU UHD 630 Framebuffers

The framebuffer you need to use will be from the list above. Not any other series of IGPU framebuffers.

I have looked through your config.plist again, and made a number of changes/edits to remove some placeholder entries, change the IGPU Device Properties and delete some unnecessary kexts - VoodooPS2Controller.

This includes the kexts in the VoodooPS2Controller/Contents/Plugins folder, which lies within the VoodooPS2Controller kext. The reason I have removed this kext and the sub-kexts from your config is that this is a Keyboard and mouse/Trackpad kext for laptop systems. Your desktop system doesn't require or make any use of this kext.

Device Properties:
  • I have changed the IGPU device properties to inject the alternative framebuffer <00009B3E>
  • I have removed the con-0, con-1 and con-2 entries.
  • I have removed the device-id entry
  • I have added the Framebuffer-stolenmem entry.
As you don't have a USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system showing in your config.plist, I have enabled the XhciPortLimit quirk.

I have disabled the number of tools present in the config.plist, as you don't need them and all they do is clutter up the OC Picker List screen.

You are using the wrong SMBIOS for your Comet Lake system (iMac19,1). You should according to the OC guide be using the iMac20,1 with your 8 core/16 thread CPU.

I have changed the Platform Info to correspond with the iMac20,1 SMBIOS. Checked the Serial Number on the Apple Support site, the new SN is not being used by a real Mac. So it should work with Messages, iCloud etc.

I have reduced the number of drivers present in the config.plist to two, as recommended by the OC guide.

I would suggest you try booting your system with this revised config.plist. See what this changes.

Make sure you have a backup of your current OpenCore EFI Folder before you try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 72
thank you very much for your valuable work and for the time you spent on!!!!!

unfortunately using config.plist you attached, I get black screen during boot process :(((

what we have to do more? I'm sure that we are closer to the success!!! :)))

here the Sanity checker report from config.plist you attached ---> https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=cometlake0668Si5Ea&rs=cometlake066

in the meantime, I did some edits to config.plist you'll see in attach

Attachments

• config_old.plist
    34.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
my Catalina version is 10.15.7

still getting VDADecoder error...

heeeeelp!!! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 20.01.59.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 20.01.59.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 20.02.41.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 20.02.41.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 42
  • config.plist
    31.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Hi dear
I was able to boot with configuration you provided! Thx once more!!

unfortunatly the earlier issue still remain
same errors and visualisation issues
some apps crash and some items not visualised correctly
safari and google have issues
what do you suggest?

may be with dGPU?
i tried with my old MSI 8400SG VGA Board... no way! same issues!!

may be with Big Sur will be better?

Please let me know

Last edited:
What discrete GPU?

I thought you were only using the IGPU and these issues were all related to the IGPU framebuffer?

That old graphics card lacks metal support so it won't work in Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur.

Do us a favour, post a copy of your IOReg, not a screenshot. So we can see what is happening, what is being activated etc.

thx Edhawk
here's in attach a copy of IOReg as you requested and my config.plist

Attachments

• Maurizio’s iMac.ioreg
    11.9 MB · Views: 43
  • config.plist
    23.2 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back