Motherboard
Inspiron 7391
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
UHD 620?
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This one is vexxing. I have a 10510u running on opencore v 0.6.7 Big Sur 11.2.1. My internal display does not work when using "proper" framebuffers, however, my tv and hw acceleration work just fine. When loading an incorrect framebuffer or an invalid one, I get display out to the internal display but predictably hw acceleration and external monitor support goes out the window.

The 10510u has a UHD graphics solution most similar to a UHD 620. I am using MacBookPro16,3 SMBios which has only igpu.

I have tried multiple stolenmem patches (and removing them which only causes epilepsy warning worthy effects on the tv), every valid mobile framebuffer on the whatevergreen readme for cometlake, using MacBookPro15,4 SMBios, and injecting EDID (which admittedly of the three I understand the least but I believe I should be doing right).

Observations I've noticed: when booting with a "proper" framebuffer I see hackintool detects my internal display and my tv. When booting improperly my internal display will be active with the properties of a 65in 4k tv and the information in Hackintool doesn't line up at all.
Attached are my compressed EFI, two copies of IOreg(one booting framebuffer: 00009B3E and another booting "9000A53E" which isn't right), and two screenshots of my displays tab in hackintool from both instances.

Any and all help much appreciated

Attachments

• DellInspiron7391IoReg.ioreg
    9.9 MB · Views: 22
  • Hackintool no internal display hw accel.png
    Hackintool no internal display hw accel.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 37
  • no hw acceleration.png
    no hw acceleration.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Non-working HWaccel.ioreg
    9 MB · Views: 27
  • OC.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
This one is vexxing. I have a 10510u running on opencore v 0.6.7 Big Sur 11.2.1. My internal display does not work when using "proper" framebuffers, however, my tv and hw acceleration work just fine. When loading an incorrect framebuffer or an invalid one, I get display out to the internal display but predictably hw acceleration and external monitor support goes out the window.

The 10510u has a UHD graphics solution most similar to a UHD 620. I am using MacBookPro16,3 SMBios which has only igpu.

I have tried multiple stolenmem patches (and removing them which only causes epilepsy warning worthy effects on the tv), every valid mobile framebuffer on the whatevergreen readme for cometlake, using MacBookPro15,4 SMBios, and injecting EDID (which admittedly of the three I understand the least but I believe I should be doing right).

Observations I've noticed: when booting with a "proper" framebuffer I see hackintool detects my internal display and my tv. When booting improperly my internal display will be active with the properties of a 65in 4k tv and the information in Hackintool doesn't line up at all.
Attached are my compressed EFI, two copies of IOreg(one booting framebuffer: 00009B3E and another booting "9000A53E" which isn't right), and two screenshots of my displays tab in hackintool from both instances.

Any and all help much appreciated
assumed MacBookPro16,1 would be a better choice?

I opted against that as that SMBios has a dgpu, I'll attempt it as it can't hurt.
check over any other settings in post 2 of my guide

Unfortunately I don't get any output when using that other SMBios. Tested with multiple framebuffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back