Contribute
Register

Display brightness stuck on very low brightness level after wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.

In the following days I'll receive a supported WiFi card, so I'll fix it.

About USB3.....I tried to use OS-X-Generic-USB3 but I had problem with USB3 hard-drive, the laptop didn't want to mount them....
Probably you have the solution :)

ok.

In the following days I'll receive a supported WiFi card, so I'll fix it.

About USB3.....I tried to use OS-X-Generic-USB3 but I had problem with USB3 hard-drive, the laptop didn't want to mount them....
Probably you have the solution :)

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should be avoided as should PXHCD.

Usually AppleUSBXHCI.kext (included by the OS X installer) can be made to work with Intel XHCI(USB3).

If I don't install PXHCD.kext or GenericUSBXHCI.kext, all USB ports (three 2.0 and one 3.0) don't work, they don't mount hard-drive or pen-drive.

An AppleUSBXHCI.kext problem related to my laptop? Unfortunately my VAIO's bios is locked.....Maybe editing the kext should be useful

If I don't install PXHCD.kext or GenericUSBXHCI.kext, all USB ports (three 2.0 and one 3.0) don't work, they don't mount hard-drive or pen-drive.

An AppleUSBXHCI.kext problem related to my laptop? Unfortunately my VAIO's bios is locked

Try with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext or the "multiplex" patch (never both).

I fixed the USB 3.0 problem.

I deleted PXHCD.kext, then I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext but with them I could only mount hard-drive from USB 2.0, USB 3.0 didn't want to mount hard-drive.

So I opened Clover configurator and I injected the Intel device-id 0x1e31 in "devices" --> "XHCI", then I saved and rebooted.

Now I can mount USB 3.0 hard-drive, they appear mounted on USB-superspeed bus in system information. Tonight I want to test the transfer rate

I fixed the USB 3.0 problem.

I deleted PXHCD.kext, then I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext but with them I could only mount hard-drive from USB 2.0, USB 3.0 didn't want to mount hard-drive.

So I opened Clover configurator and I injected the Intel device-id 0x1e31 in "devices" --> "XHCI", then I saved and rebooted.

Now I can mount USB 3.0 hard-drive, they appear mounted on USB-superspeed bus in system information. Tonight I want to test the transfer rate

Intel XHCI is already natively supported. No need to inject device-id.

To get USB3 speed, you need USB3 devices plugged into USB3 port.

If I plug USB3 devices in the USB3 port without inject Intel XHCI, the USB3 port doesn't mount USB3 devices

If I plug USB3 devices in the USB3 port without inject Intel XHCI, the USB3 port doesn't mount USB3 devices

No idea really what exactly you mean by "inject Intel XHCI"... There is no such Clover option.

Post ioreg (without the "inject Intel XHCI"): http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Provide the config.plist with "inject Intel XHCI" and without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back