Contribute
Register

Display Brightness Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my system dsdt file after applying the "brightness fix (haswell)" patch, full of errors :banghead:

You are disassembling your DSDT incorrectly. And you're applying the patch to the wrong file (your GFX0 is clearly defined in an SSDT).

Haswell Brigthness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-buggy-dsdt-asus-q501la-help-needed-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined.

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to SSDT with GFX0
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU)

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

the "device (gfx0)" was in ssdt-3. i've renamed all gfx0 to IGPU in ssdt-3 then i've applied the "brightness fix(haswell)" to ssdt-3 and saved it to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched as "ssdt.aml" because you've assumed that i had already have a "ssdt.aml" for CPU but i had not... finally i installed the "acpibacklight.kext(debug)" and i rebooted but the slider still does not working :banghead:

Attachments

• Kradon's SSDT-3.dsl
    106.3 KB · Views: 149
the "device (gfx0)" was in ssdt-3. i've renamed all gfx0 to IGPU in ssdt-3 then i've applied the "brightness fix(haswell)" to ssdt-3 and saved it to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched as "ssdt.aml" because you've assumed that i had already have a "ssdt.aml" for CPU but i had not... finally i installed the "acpibacklight.kext(debug)" and i rebooted but the slider still does not working :banghead:

Did you also rename GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT? It is a requirement. Read instructions carefully.

Also, in order to provide patched SSDTs you must drop the OEM SSDTs with DropOem.

Note: Clover does not require SSDTs to be named sequentially, so you can keep the SSDT-3.aml name in ACPI/patched.

okay i've renamed all "gfx0" to "IGPU" in DSDT but i couldn't saved it as an aml because of that syntax errors in the attachment, how can i fix them?
by the way is DropOEM an app? i've just cut and pasted the ssdt.aml file to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2014-07-10 21.07.20.png
    Ekran Resmi 2014-07-10 21.07.20.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Kradon's DSDT.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 102
okay i've renamed all "gfx0" to "IGPU" in DSDT but i couldn't saved it as an aml because of that syntax errors in the attachment, how can i fix them?
by the way is DropOEM an app? i've just cut and pasted the ssdt.aml file to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched :rolleyes: :D

You need to disassemble DSDT correctly. See instructions in post #21.

Did you do that in Linux? Read/follow the instructions carefully...

Attachment link fixed.

So do I...

i don't know how to do it in linux :crazy::banghead: there is just no folder named "firmware" in my system folder :?:

i don't know how to do it in linux :crazy::banghead: there is just no folder named "firmware" in my system folder :?:

The path is:
/sys/firmware/acpi/tables

-and-

/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic

That is how it is on Ubuntu. It is not 'system', it is 'sys'...

ubuntu :?: aren' we doing that patching with a hackintosh pc?? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back