Contribute
Register

Display Brightness Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally. Agree. Got my brightness adjustment working with your DSDT patch from your github repo. Along with other patches. So thank you very much RehabMan.

Totally. Agree. Got my brightness adjustment working with your DSDT patch from your github repo. Along with other patches. So thank you very much RehabMan.

Glad you have it working...

Glad you have it working...
could someone please tell me how to fix a not working slider? firstly when i build that hackintosh
there were no slider at all then it has appeared when i have selected the "add pnlf" option from the acpi section of clover configurator... the brightness slider is appearing under the displays but it is not working,,
i've tried patching dsdt but i couldn't save it because of syntax errors and i couldn't even fix them ...
please help me :banghead: :rolleyes:

could someone please tell me how to fix a not working slider? firstly when i build that hackintosh
there were no slider at all then it has appeared when i have selected the "add pnlf" option from the acpi section of clover configurator... the brightness slider is appearing under the displays but it is not working,,
i've tried patching dsdt but i couldn't save it because of syntax errors and i couldn't even fix them ...
please help me :banghead: :rolleyes:

If you have HD4000/HD3000, instructions are in post #9.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I've updated my profile, The graphic that mac uses is Intel HD4600 because it is onboard and i couldn't make the radeon graphic working on mac :banghead:
By the way i didn't understand the solution in the post #9 , can you tell me the solution more detailed? and i cant even fix the errors in dsdt, can you help me abt it if i send screenshots of the errors please? :rolleyes: :?:

I've updated my profile, The graphic that mac uses is Intel HD4600 because it is onboard and i couldn't make the radeon graphic working on mac :banghead:
By the way i didn't understand the solution in the post #9 , can you tell me the solution more detailed? and i cant even fix the errors in dsdt, can you help me abt it if i send screenshots of the errors please? :rolleyes: :?:

If you need help fixing errors in DSDT, upload the DSDT. Error messages are not useful without the code associated with them.

If you need help fixing errors in DSDT, upload the DSDT. Error messages are not useful without the code associated with them.
here is my system dsdt file after applying the "brightness fix (haswell)" patch, full of errors :banghead:

Attachments

• Kradon's DSDT.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back