Contribute
Register

Display Brightness Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was searching for two weeks a way to control panel brighness for my new hackbook.. didn't have success with dsdt and other kexts so i stumbled upon an "app" yes an app..

"Brightness Slider" on MAS
https://itunes.apple.com/gr/app/brightness-slider/id456624497?mt=12

guys, it does the job, restores brightness to previous level upon restart, can accept keyboard shortcuts for bright up/down, it's the thing i needed!

(click for larger)

p.s. IT WORKS!!!!!

It is not controlling backlight.... Just affecting the luminosity of the colors used. No power savings...

See guide for correct way: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

It is not controlling backlight.... Just affecting the luminosity of the colors used. No power savings...

See guide for correct way: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Instead of having to change color profiles over system preferences each time it gets dark or anything, i know.
I've tried and tried and tried, i've brick my installation like 3-4 times. I've managed to get Atheros 9285 working using also an injector but left out my lcd and keyboard brightness at fullbright..

i'll try again when i'll have less work, till then this workaround works for me..

again thank you for the prompt reply @rehabman

Instead of having to change color profiles over system preferences each time it gets dark or anything, i know.
I've tried and tried and tried, i've brick my installation like 3-4 times.

My guide has nothing to do with color profiles...

I've managed to get Atheros 9285 working using also an injector but left out my lcd and keyboard brightness at fullbright..

i'll try again when i'll have less work, till then this workaround works for me..

again thank you for the prompt reply @rehabman

AR9285 has nothing to do with backlight, nor keyboard... It is WiFi...

no no no you didn't get what i said, i know what you mean and i'm going to read the guide to do it properly somewhere in the near future cause it's better to have native usage instead of using profiles, i didn't said that your guide has profiles..

plus i'm just said that i've fixed even the problematic wifi card on my laptop and the only thing that i didn't was the brightness, i was just mentioning it.. nothing to do with brightness i know, just a mention!!

don't get me wrong here, i'm just being a champ trying to make discussion! we ok? :)

I am also trying to fix Brightness control, in settings/display i can't change it manually as well. i installed acpibacklight.kext and trying to fix it with rehab mans dsdt patch. but i can't save the patched dsdt because after compiling i get two syntax errors. I got my dsdt and ssdt from turkawa so i didn't wrote it on my own, i haven't changed anything. it works fine except of backlight control. i attached Screenshots of DSDT Editors compiling errors and part of the code.

THX
eXoliner

View attachment Archive.zipView attachment Archive.zip

I am also trying to fix Brightness control, in settings/display i can't change it manually as well. i installed acpibacklight.kext and trying to fix it with rehab mans dsdt patch. but i can't save the patched dsdt because after compiling i get two syntax errors. I got my dsdt and ssdt from turkawa so i didn't wrote it on my own, i haven't changed anything. it works fine except of backlight control. i attached Screenshots of DSDT Editors compiling errors and part of the code.

THX
eXoliner

View attachment 170505View attachment 170505

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Sorry, ioreg is attached clover folder and patchmatic output too.
Output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu 
[FONT=Verdana]kextstat|grep -y applelpc[/FONT]

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]LR-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan leon.rulle$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f8281d000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]LR-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan leon.rulle$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]LR-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan leon.rulle$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   83    0 0xffffff7f822dc000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 0C90B22D-637B-3000-8C44-B7955D57E10A <82 12 5 4 3>[/FONT]

Output from:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
[/COLOR]
View attachment Hackintosh ioreg.zipView attachment RehabMan.zip
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext[/FONT]

thanks for support
adding clover.zip in a few minutes after reboot and F4

Sorry, ioreg is attached clover folder and patchmatic output too.
Output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu 
[FONT=Verdana]kextstat|grep -y applelpc[/FONT]

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]LR-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan leon.rulle$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f8281d000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]LR-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan leon.rulle$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]LR-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan leon.rulle$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   83    0 0xffffff7f822dc000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 0C90B22D-637B-3000-8C44-B7955D57E10A <82 12 5 4 3>[/FONT]

Output from:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
[/COLOR]
View attachment 170626View attachment 170627
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext[/FONT]

thanks for support
adding clover.zip in a few minutes after reboot and F4

Your PNLF patch is incorrect for 10.11 (XOPT must have bit 1 set).

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Easy solution is "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back