GA-Z77x-UP4 TH
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
Asus GTX 1060 6GB OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!

I've been trying to get this working for some time now, but always failed, destroying my system every time :banghead:. I don't know if I'm placing code on the wrong places or just the wrong code on the DSDT. If there is anyone willing o help, I'll be attaching the unedited DSDT and the txt files with the instructions that I've been following with the kexts for them too.

Thanks!!

--edit--
oops forgot to attach the files
View attachment NoSlider.zip
View attachment brightness.txt
View attachment DSDT.zip
View attachment brightness2.txt
View attachment GenericBrightness.kext.zip

Hi guys!

I've been trying to get this working for some time now, but always failed, destroying my system every time :banghead:. I don't know if I'm placing code on the wrong places or just the wrong code on the DSDT. If there is anyone willing o help, I'll be attaching the unedited DSDT and the txt files with the instructions that I've been following with the kexts for them too.

Thanks!!

--edit--
oops forgot to attach the files
View attachment 62509
View attachment 62506
View attachment 62510
View attachment 62507
View attachment 62508

The first thing to try is PNLF brightness DSDT patch. Should get you brightness slider, but it may not work. If it doesn't work there are other alternatives (although I've never used them):

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Be sure to remove the \n characters on every line before you insert it into your DSDT. Those characters are only for a particular DSDT patcher. If you don't use it, those characters can screw up the fix. For me, once I made the DSDT fix, the slider appeared but did not work. Then, I added the GenericBrightness.kext and together they worked great.

It is a patch... intended for MaciASL 'patch button'...

A better option (to try) in the case native brightness slider does not work, is to use ACPIBrightness.kext.

I couldn't find the ACPIBrightness.kext by Googling it. Do you have a link?

Sometimes it helps to target your search to a certain site: 'site:insanelymac.com ACPI Brightness'

Here is the direct link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268219-acpi-backlight-driver/

Read the whole thread so you have an idea of what is going on. And there are several different versions... tweaks by different developers. If I ever had a need for it, I'd imagine that there would be a few things to fix/tweak as well.

Hai sir glad to see you after a long period.
As u told i have installed 10.9 on my laptop.
But i cant able to adjust brightness. Can u Help me...:?:

Sometimes it helps to target your search to a certain site: 'site:insanelymac.com ACPI Brightness'

Here is the direct link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268219-acpi-backlight-driver/

Read the whole thread so you have an idea of what is going on. And there are several different versions... tweaks by different developers. If I ever had a need for it, I'd imagine that there would be a few things to fix/tweak as well.

Sir how to fix my display brightness function key.. volume up&down are working but i could'nt able to adjust my brightness.. Help....!

Sir how to fix my display brightness function key.. volume up&down are working but i could'nt able to adjust my brightness.. Help....!

First you have to have working brightness in SysPrefs->Displays.

Then mapping of brightness keys is a keyboard driver issue and primarily depends on which trackpad/ps2 drivers you're using.

First you have to have working brightness in SysPrefs->Displays.

Then mapping of brightness keys is a keyboard driver issue and primarily depends on which trackpad/ps2 drivers you're using.

On my system pref>display i could only able to see Display and Colour tabs.. There is no option to adjust brightness.. what wrong on it?

On my system pref>display i could only able to see Display and Colour tabs.. There is no option to adjust brightness.. what wrong on it?

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back